heli-diy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i visited my parents this past weekend.

their neighbour has built his own helicopter. complete with front lawn landing pad.

i had not seen it yet but was home alone as he was landing. i thought the world was ending.

i couldnt believe he was flying it in the snow. i couldnt believe there is a helicopter parked along the street.

it looks mostly like this. for some reason he wouldnt let me take a picture.
blue_helicopter.JPG

peculiar fellow.

maybe it's illegal to build a helicopter and am launch pad without a proper liscense. does this guy have permission to land a hellicopter in his front yard?

that is strange. my neighbours aren't that interesting.

hmmm, possiibly. he does have a lot of space out there. but there are no houses on the side that the pad sits.
i would hope he got all the licensing and whatnot...his daughter is a cop.

your parents' neighbor has a large lawn.

like mine :D

there's a guy in the states that has built his own space craft and wants to launch it. i guess he can on his own property since people own SQUARE miles and above a square mile it's public domain to any US citizen. he's :coocoo: though.

Lilly said:
there's a guy in the states that has built his own space craft and wants to launch it. i guess he can on his own property since people own SQUARE miles and above a square mile it's public domain to any US citizen. he's :coocoo: though.

I might be nuts, but if people own square miles wouldn't that just mean they own the land because a square is two dimensional. They'd have to own a cube mile, ie three dimensional, for that to be allowed.

Whatever, I think it's a mad idea regardless ;)

Back
Top Bottom