Heineken International, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Crown sucks?

And yes, it just did! Can bring in your copy tonight if you want; alternatively, Ali and I were thinking of an NLOTH party. Though I can only presume you're busy tomorrow.

Well, it now depends on whether or not I'm coming in tonight. 11.30 is a seriously ridiculous time, because it probably won't finish until about 1ish. Are there other band playing or something?

nloth sloth!

Alfa-Romeo-Sloth.jpg

It even has Bono glasses.

Well, it now depends on whether or not I'm coming in tonight. 11.30 is a seriously ridiculous time, because it probably won't finish until about 1ish. Are there other band playing or something?

No ... and shit, I just checked the Odeon's site. There was no indication of an entry fee on the band's site, it looked like just another one of their ordinary gigs that's free in a pub, but ... uh, looks like there's a fee on the Odeon's site: Love it Live - Friday 6th March Labour Day Long Weekend | Crown Odeon Nightclub | Melbourne

Yeah, especially since I'm already paying to get into the Zoo and see them tomorrow ... I've e-mailed Ali to see what she thinks.

Thanking a non-existent invisible man in the sky that neither of you noticed my post of ZooTV lameness.

And still wondering WTF sloth is.

Sloth is my alternate word for NLOTH. Just cause I can.

It's also a (sort of) cute animal that hangs upside down from trees, and appears in the Ice Age films.

I just realised I have a book review due on Monday for a book that I've only just started reading.

Also, I've never done a book review at university level before...

Ha, I have to do a historiographical book review by early April, U-Wen. I've never done one before. This'll be interesting. But at least in my case, I just need to look at academic journal book reviews contemporaneous to the book in question and mimic their style.

Now listening to: Regatta de Blanc by the Police (in honour of reggae by white people, and in honour of jofo)

Now reading: Apocalypse Now? Reflections of Faith in a Time of Terror by Duncan Forrester

I listened to Revolution Rock by The Clash today, which is like reggae by white people.

Now listening to: Regatta de Blanc by the Police (in honour of reggae by white people, and in honour of jofo)

Now reading: Apocalypse Now? Reflections of Faith in a Time of Terror by Duncan Forrester

Has the thread gotten so slow that we must resort to this?

If so:

MGMT - Electric Feel (Justice Remix)

Terra Nullius by Sven Lindqvist.

Is $ting ok?

(Incidentally, Regatta de Blanc is the only Police album that I really think is worth playing as an album. The others, I find myself just playing a couple of songs and that's it.)

I've actually heard of this. Is it any good, and what is it about?

It's very, very good. You could dismiss it as travel non-fiction, but it's a lot more than that, as it concentrates on the poor treatment of the indigenous in Australia as the writer travels around the country. It's pretty damn refreshing (and very confronting) to hear about this from a non-Australian writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom