Heeellllllp me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
My mom got me to dye her hair. :|

Only, for some godforsaken reason, I didn't wear gloves....didn't think of it, thought, you know, dye would wash right off. For some reason, it all came right off my mom's neck/face.

Let me just say that I've now washed my hands over 10 times, used Hydrogen Peroxide, rubbing alcohol, industrial strength soap, and comet cleanser...and the damn stuff STILL won't wash off. My hands are all red and irritated now, have begun to itch and are extremly dry. AND THEY'RE STILL BLACK (or spotty).

I'm starting to panic...HELP ME!! :scream:

Last edited:
I did a bit of research and someone suggested paint thinner.

HOWEVER, I would make sure that it is safe to put on your skin, and, also, be aware that it is flammable!

Melon

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Let me just say that I've now washed my hands over 10 times, used Hydrogen Peroxide, rubbing alcohol, industrial strength soap, and comet cleanser...and the damn stuff STILL won't wash off. My hands are all red and irritated now, have begun to itch and are extremly dry. AND THEY'RE STILL BLACK (or spotty).

Nevermind the paint thinner. You'll irritate it worse methinks. :huh:

The itching and drying is probably more from the fact that you've washed your hands with some very nasty stuff and you've effectively washed all the natural oils off of your hands, not to mention that some of that shit (Comet cleanser, for instance) is probably not supposed to come in direct contact with your hands.

Call a doctor. That's what I'm going to tell you.

Melon

Last edited:
I did this once with the tanning cream. I didn't wear gloves and I got distracted and didn't get to wash my hands off. Anyway, I walked around with orange palms for about a week. Not good.
embarassment but no skin irritation.
I found this suggestion on a website.
To remove hair dye from skin it says to use windex on a paper towel (No, I did not get this from the Greek Wedding movie:) )
Good luck!

Melon, I actually tried Paint thinner before I read this, but it's oil based, and the dye isn't so it didn't work....then I used more Comet, then Tide, then Javex bleach (which actually worked to a small extent).

I'm giving my hands some time off. We're actually out of Windex. I'm trying Windex/the doctor tomorrow.

My mom thinks this is funny. :angry:

Last edited:
I don't know how to get if off but make sure you use lots and lots of hand cream to keep your skin moist especially if you are using things like comet and peroxide.
Good luck

First you have to get stitches in your upper lip (ouch, squirm, ouch) and now this. You are on a roll. Try not to hurt yourself anymore....please.
Hope your test went well.

If you cant wait for the dye to eventually wear off, try cigarette ash, though it might be a bit late for that. just find someone's ashtray laying around and moisten your hands and rub the ash in. also go speak to a hairdresser...they of all people know all the tricks to getting dye stains out :D

poor sweetest :hug:

Someone had a thread on this a while back, but I can't remember who or what it was called....:confused:

Anyway, maybe some can do a search for it? I posted in it, but I can't for the life of my remember what I said. :huh:

Could you call/go to a sallon or beauty supply store? They should have something to remove hair dye from skin, or at least know something you could try.

Thanks for all the adivce and help guys.

The company told me to go to the beauty supply store (where we had bought the dye), whom in turn gave me a little vial of...I don't know what, but it took it ALL off, thank god. AND they let me keep the vial. Of course, they laughed at me, but at my hands are white again!

We'll see who has the last laugh :D

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom