Heaven (another obtuse film thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
I think with all the Oscar talk going on, I need to point out one film that I thoroughly enjoyed in the past few months, and that is Heaven by Tom Tykwer (who also directed Run Lola Run). The script's supposed to be part of a trilogy (together with Earth and Hell) by a Polish guy (whose name I forget). It's one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen, very lyrically shot with a very haunting soundtrack. Anyone for discussion?

yep I saw Heaven last summer and loved it. I then watched it again with my girlfriend (but without the English subtitles unfortunately).

Its a beautiful film with a very unlikely yet amazing love story.

It was written by the late Krzysztof Kieslowski (hope that is spelt right) of Three Colours Trilogy fame. Which incidentally if you havent seen you should do so immediately :)

Very good film though, not enough people will ever get to see it though, like so many great foreign films

I didn't like it nearly as much as everyone else did, including the two people I saw it with who absolutely loved it. It kind of annoyed me a lot. But it was visually beautiful, and I love both of the actors and the soundtrack. I just didn't buy it I guess.

I didn't know Krzysztof Kieslowski had died. LOVED the Three Colours Trilogy. :heart:

cloudimani said:

It was written by the late Krzysztof Kieslowski (hope that is spelt right) of Three Colours Trilogy fame. Which incidentally if you havent seen you should do so immediately :)

Ok, now I have to see this. I loved the Three Colours Trilogy.

I have a group of friends who raved about the three colours trilogy, and I never did get to see them. I shall see those people for the first time in a long time, at a wedding tomorrow :)
Funny you should mention Krzysztof Kieslowski today.
Earth , Hell and Heaven ...I have a lot of good movie watching to do. Thanks for the reminder and the recommendation yertle.

I heard it was to be Heaven, Hell and Purgatory, not Earth.

I saw the movie.. I enjoyed it, wasn't blown away though. certinaly one of the more beautiful movies i've seen recently

Back
Top Bottom