heat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
January 17, 2004

I saw Heat last night staring Al Pacino and Robert De Niro

For starter's this is Michael Mann's best film. The Kinetic energy from beginning to end makes you forget that the movie is 3 hours long.

One of the styles of Mann is to present the cat and mouse chase game but at the same time incorporating a sub-social story line with the characters. I felt as though I knew the characters personally without having the sub story devirt from the main point.

Having an all star cast certainly helped carry the movie. The chemistry between De Niro and Pacino was priceless. Both in the beginning and weak character starts but as the film progressed, the chemistry was obvious.

The "scores" were well crafted and the gang in Heat made Oceans 11 look like amateurs.

The special effects were awesome without going over board on the cheese factor with explosions.

Even better...my favorite actor and my favorite singer are friends! :D

1e012w

1e017q

1e039k

1e03du

Last edited:
I actually haven't seen the movie :ohmy:

Interesting....they just randomly know each other? I mean besides being big stars of course...:laugh:

They're good friends. I know the first pic is from when De Niro was out in Dublin as a guest of Bono and then they went to a race at Naas together. And I know Bobby D has done been at AIDS benefits that Bono attended as well...

Last edited:
my favourite actor too. my two favourite actors together in the same movie - Pacino and De Niro! :up:

and now my favourite actor and favourite singer in the same photos! superb starsgoblue!

i love this movie... love it. my favorite movie of all time, and the most underrated movie of all time, in my opinion.

it's kinda tough to call a movie underr-rated that stars al pacino, robert deniro, val kilmer, jon voight, tom sizemore, ashley judd, amy brenneman & hank azaria... plus the first big movie for a young natalie portman... but for some reason this movie just slipped by with little mention.

deNiroHeat.jpg

10102030.jpg

heat1.jpg

One of my favorite movies. It's perfect! Great dialogues and the shoot out after they rob the bank is one of the best ever! Robert Deniro and Al Pacino (along with Jack Nicholson) are my favorite actors and I think they give some of their best performances on this movie. I also wish there was more scenes with Deniro and Pacino but maybe that was done on purpose for their characters to develop more as individuals. In one scene Al Pacino is screaming and in the other Robert Deniro is burning a hole on someone just with his eyes.... what else can you ask for?

starsgoblue said:
I adore Robert De Niro. :cute:

Me too! I actually have a huge crush on him. This is one of my all time favorite movies, I watch it atleast twice a month although for a while I was watching it everyday....my brother and I can quote this entire movie.

<-----------------is a *huge* dork!

A super cool movie, with two of the best actors in the world.

Michael Mann best movie?? He has also had a hand in Collateral and The Aviator. His next movie is Miami Vice.

If you love Heat you should love Ronin.

Back
Top Bottom