Headache in a Suitcase Presents The "Let's Make Fun of Kobe Bryant Quote of the Week" - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2004, 09:54 AM   #1
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:49 PM
Headache in a Suitcase Presents The "Let's Make Fun of Kobe Bryant Quote of the Week"

Ladies and gentlemen... Headache in a Suitcase presents your "Let's Make Fun of Kobe Bryant Quote of the Week," which from this point on will be known simply as the "LMFOKBQOTW," because that's what people do on U2 message boards... make long acronyms for even longer titles that confuse half the people around here even though they don't want to admit that they're confused because it might make them look like less of a fan, which is stupid, but it's a reason none the less.

This week's quotes comes courtesy of Bill Simmons... The Sports Guy. Not only does he get a shot in at Kobe, but he also gets an added dig at Bon Jovi, which is always a plus.

Quote:
During the American Music Awards on Sunday night -- and I was there, so I know this happened -- Kobe came out to present an award and received a mixture of boos and cheers, at least until they piped in fake cheering to drown everyone else out. Keep in mind, this was the same show where Bon Jovi received a prolonged standing ovation. Not the toughest crowd.
I give this quote two out of four mike tyson thumbs up!

Old 11-16-2004, 11:06 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Headache in a Suitcase Presents The "Let's Make Fun of Kobe Bryant Quote of the Week"

Iron(y) Mike says:"Kobe don't do raping women in hotels as good as me. My style is impetuous"

Old 11-16-2004, 11:13 AM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

Re: Re: Headache in a Suitcase Presents The "Let's Make Fun of Kobe Bryant Quote of the Week&qu

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson

Iron(y) Mike says:"Kobe don't do raping women in hotels as good as me. My style is impetuous"
And my defenses? Impregnitabible
Old 11-16-2004, 11:48 AM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 01:49 PM
OOoh!! OOooh!! Can I add one?

From David Letterman:
Quote:
Did you hear about this? There is this tremendous exhibit at the Smithsonian. They have fascinating, unusual items that go back ten, twenty years, and currently on display at the Smithsonian Institute is a rare 23-carat ruby. Unbelievable, you really need to get down there. It will be there the rest of the year then it goes back to Mrs. Kobe Bryant.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:49 PM
I'll go with two out of four as well.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:53 AM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by stammer476
OOoh!! OOooh!! Can I add one?

From David Letterman:
stupendous... feel free to add your own LMFOBQOTW candidates, and i shall pick one at the begining of each week
Old 11-21-2004, 12:38 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm the biggest Lakers fan...but after what Kobe said about Shaq to the POLICE...he is just a bitch, plain and simple. I'm also a 9ers fan and its like when we had terrell owens, we all loved him because he was so good but when he left, we hate him. We'll love Kobe for now, but when he leaves, we'll show our true feelings.

that being said, he will lead the league in scoring this year and is the closest thing that will ever come to Michael Jordan..he's nowhere near as good as MJ, but he'll be the closest. And Lebron can't, if anyone is thinking that, because he has a completely different game than Jordan and Kobe, who are very similar in styles. Shit, Kobe stole his whole game from michael, down to the tongue.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:27 AM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by RademR
that being said, he will lead the league in scoring this year and is the closest thing that will ever come to Michael Jordan..he's nowhere near as good as MJ, but he'll be the closest. And Lebron can't, if anyone is thinking that, because he has a completely different game than Jordan and Kobe, who are very similar in styles. Shit, Kobe stole his whole game from michael, down to the tongue.

ssssssssslllllloow down... kobe bryant is not even in the same hemisphere as michael jordan. kobe bryant will never be michael jordan. in reality, there is no difference between kobe bryant, tracy mcgrady & paul pierce... they both shoot too much, pass too little, and think that there shit doesn't stink. when kobe, t-mac, pierce shoot the ball 40 times, they score 40 points. when michael jordan shot the ball 40 times, he's score 60. kobe bryant does what's best for kobe bryant. michael jordan did what was best for his team... therein lies the major difference.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:53 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

that being said, he will lead the league in scoring this year and is the closest thing that will ever come to Michael Jordan..he's nowhere near as good as MJ, but he'll be the closest.
thats why I stated he's nowhere as good as MJ, no one will EVER be. First off, Pierce is a forward so he goes out of the equation, MJ wasnt one until his Wizards days. And for someone who had season tickets when MJ was on Washington, lets try and forget that era.

-Kobe has 3 rings at 26 while tracy=0
-Kobe is the undisputed king of clutch shots in the NBA today.
-I think Kobe takes too many shots, but I wouldn't go as far as to call him greedy, the man averaged 6 assists last year, not bad for a shooting gaurd.
-Kobe is all defensive team almost every year, which MJ was almost every year. TMAC doesnt know how to spell defense.

I'm not a big Kobe fan, but I'll give the man his props.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:57 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

that being said, the reason I said Kobe is the closest that will ever come to Jordan is because EVERY year in the draft they claim someone to be the next MJ. every year. I'm just saying I think he will be the closest, not that it will be that close. I have friends that think he is as good as MJ at this stage in their career, but for that I have one statement to shut everyone up:

MJ SHOT 50% FROM THE FIELD FOR HIS CAREER!!!!
AS A SHOOTING GAURD!!!!

end of story. goodbye.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:55 AM   #11
Acrobat

That quote also says something about Bon Jovi.....that we already knew.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:54 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
that being said, the reason I said Kobe is the closest that will ever come to Jordan is because EVERY year in the draft they claim someone to be the next MJ. every year. I'm just saying I think he will be the closest, not that it will be that close. I have friends that think he is as good as MJ at this stage in their career, but for that I have one statement to shut everyone up:

MJ SHOT 50% FROM THE FIELD FOR HIS CAREER!!!!
AS A SHOOTING GAURD!!!!

end of story. goodbye.
Also remember that MJ did this without a player of Shaquille O'Neal's caliber to draw attention away from him. (Sorry, Scottie.)

Right now, Kobe's at 45% for his career.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:35 AM   #13
Refugee

My entry for the week:

From Jay Leno
Quote:
Kobe Bryant plans to renew his wedding vows with his wife Vanessa in Hawaii. Apparently, he wasn't listening the first time around.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:24 AM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

coaches and players don't use the term "shooting guard" or "small forward"

jordan played the swingman position... the "3"

so does pierce and kobe and mccgrady... they may be listed as "shooting guards" or "small forwards" on the television, but that's baisicly irrevelant. in most offenses, including the triangle, the two and three are interchangable, and are baisicly doing the same things, only on different sides of the court.

in reality... the bulls ran scottie as the 1, ron harper as the 2, jordan as the 3, rodman at the 4 and longley at the 5... when kerr would come in, he'd go to the 2. if kukoc would come in, he'd bump jordan down to the 2 and harper would become the 1. it's all interchangable.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:10 AM   #15
Refugee

This one was too funny to wait.

From Jay Leno
Quote:
Did you see Ron Artest go into the stands after that guy? At first, when I saw an NBA player attacking a fan, I thought, 'Uh oh, Kobe must be dating again.'