Headache in a Suitcase Presents The "Let's Make Fun of Kobe Bryant Quote of the Week"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This week's Let's Make Fun of Kobe Bryant Quote of the Week, which from here on out will be refered to as the Let's Make Fun of Kobe Bryant Quote of the Week because of the whole anti acronym thing and all, is attributed to Interference's own Hewson...

Hewson said:
Headache, you keep talkin about Kobe like that and he's likely to buy you some 4 carat bling.

mekobepedro.jpg

6 NBA Championships
6 Finals MVPs
5 MVPs
10 Scoring Titles
10 All-NBA-First Team Nods
1 All-NBA-Second Team Nod
9 All-Defensive-First Team Nods
1 Defensive Player Of The Year Award
1 Rookie Of The Year Award
14-Time NBA All-Star
3 All-Star Game MVPs
Two Slam-Dunk Titles
Two Gold Medals
Win a scoring title AND defensive player of the year in the SAME season(has only been done twice in NBA history, I believe).
Averaged 30.1PPG over a 20 year career
#2 on all-time total steals list.
#3 on all-time leading scorers list.
#4 on all-time free throws made list.
#4 on all-time steals-per-game list.
Holds, among numerous other records, the record for most points in a playoff game, 63, which has yet to be broken in 19 years.
Play a crucial game late in the FINALS, one that could make or break a championship, with a bad flu and still score 38 points including the game-winning shot.
Achieve arguably the greatest sports comeback in professional history by being out of the game for a year and a half, coming back, and winning three more championships.
Have his jersey retired.
Have a statue of himself erected in front of his home arena.

When a player matches or surpasses all of that, I will consider him better than Michael Jordan. Until then, no cigar.

namkcuR said:
6 NBA Championships
6 Finals MVPs
5 MVPs
10 Scoring Titles
10 All-NBA-First Team Nods
1 All-NBA-Second Team Nod
9 All-Defensive-First Team Nods
1 Defensive Player Of The Year Award
1 Rookie Of The Year Award
14-Time NBA All-Star
3 All-Star Game MVPs
Two Slam-Dunk Titles
Two Gold Medals
Win a scoring title AND defensive player of the year in the SAME season(has only been done twice in NBA history, I believe).
Averaged 30.1PPG over a 20 year career
#2 on all-time total steals list.
#3 on all-time leading scorers list.
#4 on all-time free throws made list.
#4 on all-time steals-per-game list.
Holds, among numerous other records, the record for most points in a playoff game, 63, which has yet to be broken in 19 years.
Play a crucial game late in the FINALS, one that could make or break a championship, with a bad flu and still score 38 points including the game-winning shot.
Achieve arguably the greatest sports comeback in professional history by being out of the game for a year and a half, coming back, and winning three more championships.
Have his jersey retired.
Have a statue of himself erected in front of his home arena.

When a player matches or surpasses all of that, I will consider him better than Michael Jordan. Until then, no cigar.
Jordan's still about 5 titles short of Bill Russell however.

poor kobe...now he must face "the curse of the Shaq-bino"...gotta love o'neil...:lmao:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
having the lakers and the knicks both fully entrenched in salary cap hell is reason enough for david stern to want to get rid of the salary cap... at least for a couple of years.

ya, Tony K. keeps talking about this on PTI, that the NBA won't allow the Lakers to be bad for more than a couple years. And I think I agree with him. Tony Kornheiser is the man :up:

frankly there's really nothing they can do... it's the system they're in. they could put in a system similar to the NFL... a hard cap... but that would also involve non-gauranteed contracts and players getting cut every year... the union would never go for it.

or they could go the opposite route and get rid of the salary cap altogether, but the owners would never go for it.

they're stuck with the two teams in the two biggest franchises being shitty for the next 5+ years, do soley to bad management.

the lakers are in less a salary cap hell... they can get some room in 2 years. but no one wants to play with kobe anymore. they need to do some big time rehabilitation on his image before the 2007 off season if they want any big name free agent to go there.

as for the knicks... forget it. stern should do whatever is in his power to try to get the dolan family to sell the team and the arena. cablevision has driven the entire madison square garden enterprise into the ground, and nothing in all of sports pisses me off more than that. :mad:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
frankly there's really nothing they can do... it's the system they're in. they could put in a system similar to the NFL... a hard cap... but that would also involve non-gauranteed contracts and players getting cut every year... the union would never go for it.

or they could go the opposite route and get rid of the salary cap altogether, but the owners would never go for it.

they're stuck with the two teams in the two biggest franchises being shitty for the next 5+ years, do soley to bad management.

the lakers are in less a salary cap hell... they can get some room in 2 years. but no one wants to play with kobe anymore. they need to do some big time rehabilitation on his image before the 2007 off season if they want any big name free agent to go there.

as for the knicks... forget it. stern should do whatever is in his power to try to get the dolan family to sell the team and the arena. cablevision has driven the entire madison square garden enterprise into the ground, and nothing in all of sports pisses me off more than that. :mad:

At least the third of the big three markets - Chicago - is in a good place salary-wise.

Back
Top Bottom