Headache in a Suitcase, let's talk about the NBA season!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Seeing as i'm probably the only one that cares, I'm going to spend this time talking to myself about the NBA... anyone else, feel free to join.

Kobe Bryant is leading the league in scoring at 28.2 points per game... unfortunatly he's also shooting below 40% from the field, and has taken 15 more shots than anyone else in the league... man is kobe over-rated... let's compare, shall we?

kobe bryant... 28.2 points per game... 157 shots, 61 makes, 39% FG%
dirk nowitzki... 27.9 points per game... 139 shots, 72 makes, 52% FG%
ray allen... 26.0 points per game, 125 shots, 65 makes, 52% FG%
dwayne wade... 26.0 points per game... 79 shots, 41 makes, 52% FG%

i'm guessing kobe's missing shaq right about now...

I'll take LeBron over any of those guys right now. He is going to have a monster year and lead the Cavaliers back to the playoffs.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
you're in for a fairly shitty season.
I fully expect that. Although with the new division alignments, the Atlantic is certainly there for the taking... not a quality team in the bunch.

kobayashi said:
the raptors suck and v carter continues to be unbelievably uneven.

He's actually a very consistent, even douchebag.

simply... re-dirk-ulous...

dirknowitzki.jpg

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

you can have him... i'll take re-dirk-ulous. i'll win... for now. in 5 years? who knows.

still feel that he is that much better than james?

LeBron is quickly becoming the dominant player in the league...faster than most expected I'd say.
Think the Cavs would swing a Paul Pierce for LeBron James trade?
We'll throw in 6,000 Walter McCarty bobbleheads if his trade is completed before "Walter McCarty bobblehead night" at the Fleet tomorrow night.

U2ME3 said:

still feel that he is that much better than james?

well i didn't think dirk was that much better to begin with... i just thought he was better. and at the begining of the season, yea... he probably was.

no longer. lebron is the best player in the league... better than garnett, better than duncan. i thought it would be at least 2 more seasons till i said that. nope... he's the best. period.

Basketball was my favorite sport to watch and play up until college. I used to be able to dunk with a tennis ball - not bad for a guy 5 foot 9 and a half. But I have found the quality of the players to be so darn awful that I can't watch it anymore - in fact, I don't, haven't seen a game this season. It was so great to watch teams play like a team and not have one star per team just hog the ball on clear out plays. The celts and lakers of the 80s and bulls of the 90s, those were fun to watch. I'm having a hard time with 18 year old coming in and watering down the product. I did once love the game ("NBA, it's Fantastic").....someone give me some reasons to get back into it.....:(

Back
Top Bottom