Headache help, please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I need help from people here who have headache "problems"...how do you know if you have migraines?? I've been having headaches lately that have just been a b*tch...Where I work I have to bend over and generally move around a lot and all the movement just makes the headaches worse. I can't describe the feeling...usually the light makes it worse, and sometimes I feel sick to my stomach. The only way to "get rid" of these headaches is to sleep-in the dark.
Right now I'm having one of these headaches...and I get to go to work in 30 minutes. (I know I have it because I didn't sleep well last night)I don't know what to take for them...I took ibuprofen, but that probably won't touch it.
If any of you have advice and can tell me maybe if these are migraines..I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,

Excedrin Migraine!!!!!

works like a charm
smile.gif

But I'd definately go see a doctor if you keep getting them.

Usually a migraine can be felt on one side of your head or in a certain location in your head.

Have you changed your diet or sleeping habits recently? That might be a cause of it. You can also try taking B12 vitamin supplements daily to prevent the onset of a migraine.

I wondered about Excedrin Migraine...I'll have to get some.

The pain has definately been worse...but darnit, I feel like taking an ice pick to my head....

Like I said though, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night...

It's never a good thing to wake up with a headache..
thanks for your help...

It might also be related to inner-ear trouble. I know I have had some problems with pressure in my sinuses and ears which manifests itself in headaches and vertigo. Especially bad when moving your head quickly or bending over. Something like Sudafed might help if that?s the case. Hope you feel better soon!

I agree with daisybean, definetly take Excedrin Migraine.

I've had major headaches for years. Nothing ever helped, but Excedrin really really works.

Hey, can I get paid by the makers of Excedrin for what I just wrote???
tongue.gif

Feel better Mrs. Clayton!

------------------
In New York you can forget
forget how to sit still
Tell your friends you will stay in
but it's down to Alphaville.......

[This message has been edited by u2loopy (edited 05-23-2002).]

I get lovely, head-in-a-vise migraines from time to time. What works best for me is the prescripton my doctor gave me, but what sometimes also helps is soaking a washcloth in hot water and then laying down and putting it over my forehead, eyes, and temples. I'm not sure why it helps but it does.

As for whether these are migraines or not, you should definitely go see a doctor about that. The fact that you get nauseous and are sensitive to light when you have them makes me think that they *are* migraines, but, hey, I'm no doctor.

Hope that helped a little.
smile.gif

i've been getting migraines since i was about 10 or 11. i take imitrex and it works like a charm. the best thing is that it starts working for me in about 15-20 minutes so as long as one pill does the trick (sometimes they're so bad that i have to take another one later) i can still function and not waste the day in bed.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom