Headache

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drink water (I get headaches when I'm dehydrated from drinking too much soda), get some fresh air - sit outside or go for a walk if you can.

Also, get up and walk away from the computer. Rest your eyes for a bit. Water may help as well if you are feeling somewhat tingly (dehydration)

I've seen that done actually. Usually the person is laying down and another massages the area. I think it's supposed stimulate, meridians, blood flow, that sort of thing....:shrug:

Grab your earlobes really tight (til it hurts).

This will squeeze the bad chi right out of you.

If this doesn't work, the pain in your earlobes might help, as John Madden claims you can only have one pain at a time.

Drink water, open a window, and lie down. Sleep is usually the best remedy when you don't have pain killers. After that, do yourself a favour and buy some Advil liquid gels!

ibuprofen is great! it's just as good as most other pain killers. Take enough of it (of course not too much but at least 2) and drink something with caffeine in it!

My migraine meds contain caffeine. Too much can cause headaches of course but pain reliever plus caffeine often helps!

Edit:
if the headache is in a suitcase let him out lol......:uhoh:

Sometimes putting an ice pack on your forehead for 10 to 20 minutes helps. I hope it goes away soon.

discothequeLP said:

Mmmmmm Vicodin :drool:

Depends on the kind of headache (for me there are a couple kinds--the hunger, stress, need caffeine etc)

I drink coffee or eat something
I get fresh air and meditate or do something quiet
I lie down with a cool compress on my head or eyes
Take pain reliever or Imitrex

Headaches suck! Good luck. :huh:

Seriously, I hope you're doing better. And just a note, the earlobe thing has actually worked for me, but I'd try other things first. :wink:

Hey, yeah it finally went away yesterday morning. I think drinking water helped lighten the pain a bit cos it wasn't as bad after I drank some. Unfortunately the headache was still with me when I woke up though, but i took a couple more ibuprofens and drank a cup and a half of coffee and that seemed to knock it out for good :wink:

I wonder if dehydration might cause a headache? My doctor says at the time your brain tells you that you're thirsty it's too late, you are already in dehydration mode. Maybe some people's body chemistry causes a headache at that point? Good that you feel better, keep pushing the fluids. Headaches are so disruptive, they should not be allowed!

Back
Top Bottom