Hawthorne Heights Bassist Dies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://www.hawthorneheights.com/
Sat, Nov 24th, 2007

Today is probably the worst day ever. Its with our deepest regrets that we have to write this. Casey Calvert passed away in his sleep last night. We found out this afternoon before sound-check. We've spent the entire day trying to come to grips with this and figure out as much as possible. At this time we're not sure what exactly happened. Just last night he was joking around with everyone before he went to bed. We can say with absolute certainty that he was not doing anything illegal. Please, out of respect to Casey and his family, don't contribute or succumb to any gossip you may hear. We don't want his memory to be tainted in the least. Casey was our best friend. He was quirky and awesome and there will truly be no others like him! His loss is unexplainable. As soon as we know more we will let you know.

Sincerely,

Hawthorne Heights

Eron, JT, Micah and Matt

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sh...007/11/26/hawthorne_heights_heartbreakin.html
Hawthorne Heights’ Heartbreaking Cancellation

By Shane Harrison | Monday, November 26, 2007, 12:39 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

hhcasey.jpg

Photo: Selena Salfen / Victory Records

Tonight’s Roxy show by Ohio pop-punk combo Hawthorne Heights has been canceled under very sad circumstances.

The band’s 26-year-old guitarist, Casey Calvert (second from left above), died in his sleep sometime Friday night or Saturday morning following a show in Detroit. The other bandmembers found out about his death as they were about to start their soundcheck at the 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C. on Saturday afternoon. The band posted a message on the official Hawthorne Heights Web site later that day, Nov. 24. It reads, in part:

“Today is probably the worst day ever … Casey Calvert passed away in his sleep last night … We’ve spent the entire day trying to come to grips with this and figure out as much as possible. At this time we’re not sure what exactly happened. Just last night he was joking around with everyone before he went to bed. We can say with absolute certainty that he was not doing anything illegal.” See the entire statement at the band’s online home: www.hawthorneheights.com.

The promoter for the Atlanta show, Live Nation, has announced that refunds are available at point of purchase.

UberBeaver said:
Was this the band that sang, "How Do You Talk To An Angel"?

No. They're not pop, more emo. Their most famous hit was from 2 years ago, "My Heart is in Ohio". You'd probably remember it for its screaming line "cut my wrists and black my eyes!!"

This is very sad. His friends say he wasn't into illegal drugs, but 26 year olds just don't die in their sleep for no reason. I guess we'll find out more later.

Last edited:
It was believe he died from an Asthma attack and did not have his inhaler?

Wow! :shocked:

Hawthorne Heights was my sister's very 1st concert! I took her last year (or was it 2 years ago?) when they played the Orange County Fair--Concerts at the Pacific Amphitheater.

I remember because she was SO excited to go to her first concert and I don't think they played for even an hour -- but she thought it was the greatest thing ever. :lol: I don't think she's into them these days (she's moved on to more alternative "Screamo" bands), but I remember how excited she was back then.

This is sad news. Waaaaaaay too young for to die.

I've never heard any of their music (hell, I've never heard of the band), but this is sad. 26 is way too young.

Back
Top Bottom