Havin' A Heatwave, A Tropical Randoooom Heatwave....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:( The lady who calls every Saturday at 3 and asks for Brian didn't call today. I was going to say, "Sure, I'll get him, hold on a minute!" and just put the phone down until she got sick of waiting.

Schmeg said:
I applied for my Job #2 today and I have a group interview Monday night! Think Dark Side thoughts for me, everyone!!

Dark Side thoughts on a Monday..................:hmm: I think I can pull this off :shifty:

Sometimes I do dumb things....

I just finished 4 days of work and they were probably 4 of the busiest shifts I have worked. Crime, crime and more crime :ohmy:

Luckily I am now off for 12 days :hyper: but how do I reward myself ~ by pre-scheduling 2 overtime shifts because we are so short-staffed with holidays and training :huh:

Kariann said:
I also found out that it could be possible at Job 1 we might do 4 ten hour days when we split the shifts in a couple weeks so I could end up having 3 day weekends! :drool: In my old position ten hour days would have driven me to living in a padded room but now the day goes so fast it would be easier.

I did that several years ago. The getting there early part was the killer for me. Mine worked so every 2 weeks I had a 4 day weekend though. It had its perks, but I'm not a morning person so that part made it very hard for me.

Plus, when you had/have very little going on I started bouncing off the walls of my apartment at the time on those 4 days weekends. I guess it didnt help I HATED where I was living at the time.

and so much for that tangent. :laugh: Dont mind me, today is the first day in about 2 weeks I have felt even decent, so I may seem loopier (is that word, arw?) than usual.

loopy and loopier are 2 of my favorite words :yes: ( loopy=600 mg of ibuprofen; loopier= any dose of vicodin; loopiest=combo of ibuprofen and vicodin)
Happy that you are feeling decent again :) Around here everyone seems to have a terrible cold, I have managed to avoid it somehow.......Hopefully you have conquered whatever it was

kellyahern said:
I'm glad you're feeling better Blue Room :hug:.

I'm going away to a conference tomorrow. I get my own hotel room (yay! :hyper: no roomies from work :dance: , and I can avoid the drunks ). I hope the classes are interesting.

Hopefully the conference is out of the path of Ernesto. Enjoy the hotel room free of roomies and the classes :up:

Blue Room said:

I did that several years ago. The getting there early part was the killer for me. Mine worked so every 2 weeks I had a 4 day weekend though. It had its perks, but I'm not a morning person so that part made it very hard for me.

Plus, when you had/have very little going on I started bouncing off the walls of my apartment at the time on those 4 days weekends. I guess it didnt help I HATED where I was living at the time.

and so much for that tangent. :laugh: Dont mind me, today is the first day in about 2 weeks I have felt even decent, so I may seem loopier (is that word, arw?) than usual.

I think it's a word...if not I won't tell anyone! :shh: :wink:

:huh: My first of 3, soon to be 4, moves accured 3 years ago this past 4th of July. A few months before the move I got a refund check from an urgent care that I went to for some illness. I lost the check. :shrug: It was only for $10 or less and my room was a disaster from moving. Never found it, haven't thought about it since I moved.

3 addresses later, they have tracked me down. :eek: They sent me a letter asking why I never cashed the check! THREE years later? Nice accounting :love: I'm going to call them on Monday and say I lost it and to ask for a new one. If they are that concerned with the money 3 years later, they can pay it to me :D

Thanks Shari and Kelly. I havent conquered it yet, but today was the first day I havent felt like I was in a haze the whole day. So its getting better.

kellyahern said:

I know :banghead:. Why they always schedule the annual state conference in August/September is beyond me - especially since two of the conferences I've attended in the past have been cancelled/cut short due to hurricane warnings :rolleyes:.

kelly's conference curse continues..........
alliteration:drool:

PT and then OS Dr. appt............fun day

Rachel Ray: The toaster oven is the unsung hero of the kitchen.

How true!

I always knew that but never realized how much I used it until mine blew up on me. The toaster my sister gave me when she moved just isn't working for me :tsk:

Maybe I'll use my State Fair money to buy a new toaster oven this week.

Kariann said:
Rachel Ray is making chimichangas...wonder if she will use cheese and/or chicken? :shifty: Apparently it is more difficult to get them both in there than one would think!

I guess we're watching the same show! :wink:

time to go job #2....there was 6 managers, then one left work at another store and hasn't been replaced yet, one is on vacation. Out of all of the managers, the one I don't like is working 4 out of the 5 next shifts I have between now and Labor Day. I picked up a ton of extra hours this week and now I'm stuck with her. It's funny because everyone else is a lot older than me and the one that is my age is the one I don't like. :| She hides in the back, never gives us projects (it's not the type of place where you can just pull stock yourself), she never ever lets us leave early so even if the store is completely spotless at 9 she still makes us stay until 9:30. She's not helpful in anyway if you have a weird situation on the registers......I could go on but if I do, I'll be late :|

Kariann said:
Holy Crap....there apparently was a tornado sighted and possibly touched down a few moments ago not very far from where I'm at. There is still a warning in effect for 30 minutes and our area is one of concern. :eek:
:eek: hope you are safe

I got a text message the other day from Jen who was hiding in her bathtub again because there were tornado sightings in her area

arw9797 said:
time to go job #2....there was 6 managers, then one left work at another store and hasn't been replaced yet, one is on vacation. Out of all of the managers, the one I don't like is working 4 out of the 5 next shifts I have between now and Labor Day. I picked up a ton of extra hours this week and now I'm stuck with her. It's funny because everyone else is a lot older than me and the one that is my age is the one I don't like. :| She hides in the back, never gives us projects (it's not the type of place where you can just pull stock yourself), she never ever lets us leave early so even if the store is completely spotless at 9 she still makes us stay until 9:30. She's not helpful in anyway if you have a weird situation on the registers......I could go on but if I do, I'll be late :|

Enjoy your evening:huh: sounds familiar :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom