Haven't you ever wondered...? (Totally random question)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
What the heck does a baby kangaroo look like? I mean, it's born and then it goes into the pouch. Can it come out of the pouch? Will it die? I know it completes it's development inside the pouch, but what if you took it out? How long is it in there for?

I mean, this is what happens when your brain wanders...

I wonder about the size of the universe :huh:

or rather what is outside of the universe...just nothingess or is there something beyond? :scratch:

Last edited:
Whoa...that's graphic. The poor kangaroo mother who had to subject herself to that!

But that DOES answer all my questions though! That joey is the size of a peanut....my random questions have been answered. I feel so much smarter.

Leave it to the vet :wink: Thanks BLS! :wave: :) :up:

and what is nothing really? :scratch:

ouch...I just gave myself a braincramp :der:

*gives ABEL a brain-muscle relaxer :hug:

You're welcome TST and deep - actually I wasn't sure of the times either, I just knew they needed alot more time to cook after they are officially born - their skin is really fragile for a long time - boy are they funny looking with those huge feet at 17 weeks! :laugh:

Ack - can you imagine having to suck on something constantly for MONTHS?!? :ohmy:

Last edited:
I wonder...if you took the joey and fed it some sort of nutitional suppliment for 9 months or so (the time it normally spends in the pouch) would it grow? And be healthy? (BTW - 'cook?' :lol: )

....don't tell me you've WORKED with kangaroos...:ohmy:

ABEL - I always thought the universe just went on forever. But even then, where does it end? I mean, it has to end somewhere and "Oh no. I've gone crosseyed."

...thinking = :down:

deep said:
abel,

i listen to and read as much space info as i can get.

it is fasinating

me too deep! I'm a member of a local astronomy club, and I even took a class at the local community college a couple years ago (Intro to Astronomy) Physics 1411 & 1412, just for fun! :D

Thanks for the brain-muscle relaxer BLS :hug: :lol:

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I wonder...if you took the joey and fed it some sort of nutitional suppliment for 9 months or so (the time it normally spends in the pouch) would it grow? And be healthy? (BTW - 'cook?' :lol: )

....don't tell me you've WORKED with kangaroos...:ohmy:

ABEL - I always thought the universe just went on forever. But even then, where does it end? I mean, it has to end somewhere and "Oh no. I've gone crosseyed."

...thinking = :down:

:lol: if it does go on forever, what then is forever? :lol: :huh:

You may want to check out this website, Sweetest:

http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/questions/question35.html

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I wonder...if you took the joey and fed it some sort of nutitional suppliment for 9 months or so (the time it normally spends in the pouch) would it grow? And be healthy?

I think it's sort of like human embryos and fetuses, they really need the right environment to survive, not just baby formula to be able to grow and thrive :shrug:

BTW - 'cook?' :lol: )

Sure! That's scientific terminology right? :D

Don't tell me you've WORKED with kangaroos...:ohmy:
[/B]

Not live ones, but we did an autopsy (actually it's a necropsy if you 'autopsy' an animal) on a red kangaroo 2 weeks ago, pretty cool to see up close :up:

You're welcome ABEL ;) BTW - I think some things are *meant* to remain a mystery :yes:

i feel like i belong in this thread; there are astronomy/physics geeks here.

I often wonder why most salad bars don't dice tomoatos; they just give you small baby tomatos - it woudl make life easier for the consumers, they wouldn't have to dice their own tomatos.

80sU2isBest said:
I often wonder why most salad bars don't dice tomoatos; they just give you small baby tomatos - it woudl make life easier for the consumers, they wouldn't have to dice their own tomatos.

I guess it's easier for them to prepare :shrug: I usually just put the baby tomatos in my mouth all at one time, or just cut them in half...why dice them? :shrug:

They probably last longer whole than they do when they're sliced too.

Last edited:
How do they get the caramilk into the caramilk bar?

ABEL said:

Curved universes = :up: :drool: :hyper:

brettig said:
Sweetest is obsessed with aussieness.

Actually, I'm not! I know, it looks like that, but I was studying for my anthro exam and there was a picture of a wallaby and I got to thinking....

bonosloveslave said:
Not live ones, but we did an autopsy (actually it's a necropsy if you 'autopsy' an animal) on a red kangaroo 2 weeks ago, pretty cool to see up close

The kanga didn't have a joey inside her when you did the necropsy did she?? :sad:

You know what I've always wondered? Why is Greenland called Greenland, even though it's covered in ice, and Iceland called Iceland even though it's mostly green.

My mind wandered a bit too far there.

Re: How do they get the caramilk into the caramilk bar?

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

Actually, I'm not! I know, it looks like that, but I was studying for my anthro exam and there was a picture of a wallaby and I got to thinking....

Oh that anthro book.........

anyways, with all this talk of curved universe .... so let's say the universe is curved.... what's outside it?....(u know what i mean?....quite hard to imagine an empty vacuum)..... Just another astronomy geek here!!:D

FizzingWhizzbees said:
You know what I've always wondered? Why is Greenland called Greenland, even though it's covered in ice, and Iceland called Iceland even though it's mostly green.

That makes me think of a great line from one of the best movies ever, Mighty Ducks 2:

"Greenland is covered in ice, but Iceland is very nice."

Giant Lemon said:

That makes me think of a great line from one of the best movies ever, Mighty Ducks 2:

"Greenland is covered in ice, but Iceland is very nice."

:lmao: I thought of that too! (I'm not the only one who's seen that movie! yay!)

Back
Top Bottom