Have you named a pet or child after a favourite band member?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you named a pet or child after a favourite band member?

• Yes -- a pet

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Yes -- a child

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Yes -- both

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • No.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Are you kidding? That's REALLY creepy!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters

indra

ONE love, blood, life
So spill your obsession here. :)

If can be any band.

Last edited:
Yes both - when i have children i will.

Last edited:
I named one of my cats Bono.
Turned out that she was a chick.

But it doesn't really matter I guess, I just have to explain the whole early 90's drag thing to people.
She's such a clumsy wittle thing, just like the real thing. :happy:

I named my pigeon Fredrick after the drummer of the soundtrack of our lives, but I normally just call him Freddie so we can expand that to Mr. Mercury as well.

Named a goldfish MacPhisto. He died a couple weeks ago. :(

Named another one of my cats Paul after McCartney.
Named another one of my cats George after Harrison.
Named ANOTHER cat Ringo after Starr.

I'm weird. :happy:

tpsreports2424 said:
I named one of my dogs Jet, after the Paul McCartney song..

does that count? :shrug:

uh...then I'd have to admit I also named pets after songs. :shifty:

Oh what the hell.

I have two cats named after songs:

Miss Myrrh - after the song Myrrh
Loki - after the song Loki (which is also the Norse god of mischief -- at least in some books). I actually thought of naming him after a musician, but Loki just looked at me like "Don't you dare" so, I didn't. I also tried to call him Goliath (which is also the title of a song), but he just ignored me. He liked Loki right off, so that stuck. :)

Isidore -- one cat named after a band (well, more accurately a musical collaboration. One guy does the music, the other does the lyrics and vocals.) The name Isidore (which also means gift of the goddess Isis, and he does think he's quite the gift, if you know what I mean.) And he is adorable. :D

Rickenbacker Straticaticus -- is a cat named after guitars. Now I realise that I am both mixing my brands (Fender makes Strats) and also bastardising the name Stratocaster, but it worked for this particular cat. He needed a pompous name. :)

U2democrat said:
I did have a hamster named Skywalker and my sister had one named Yoda :nerd:

Did your sister's hamster look anything like this?
cutie.jpg

:cute:

I once had a cat named Yoko after Yoko Ono....Wanted to name my two year old Sheltie male Bono however couldn't fit it in his registry named so he became Charles but we call him Chawie...Love Susan

I had a namster with the middle name of Ryan, after Ryan Adams. I also had a hamster with the middle name of Conor, after Conor Oberst.

I'm waiting for someone to say they named their kid David Evan _____.

My cats are Posh and Beckham, not that I'm a huge fan of either, but the names do fit my cats' personalities. I also named my friend's cat Maximus, after Russel Crowe's character in Gladiator (she wouldn't go for Russell).

When I was little, my sister and I named two kittens Mariah and Carrie. This is not something I like to admit to, though granted, she was the Mariah Carey fan, I just went along with it.

My brother had a hamster named Jamiroquai.

We used to have a cat whose full name was: The Girl Cat AKA Drew Barrymore. Basically, we didn't come up with a name, and we called her "The Girl Cat" (to differentiate her from her almost identical brother, who we did name) for so long that it stuck. And then we decided she looked like Drew Barrymore (she really did, and no, I'm not going to explain that). But mostly, her name was just "Girl".

^ i named my fish U2 names too!

My fish Bono died last year:|
The Edge is still alive though!...he is a trooper! I had another fish named Bowie but he died too...:|

I named my goldfish after Law and Order SVU characters. Does that count for anything? :drool:

I would never name my kids after band members though (unless I loved the name or it had some other family importance or something). I do think that's a bit creepy/obsessive.

I had a bird whose name was Elvis and a dog whose name was King. :wink:

No musical pet names, but I did name my goldfish Wayne and Janet after the famous hockey couple.

They were going strong for years, but then we moved across the province. When we were leaving, we put them in a big fish bowl in the car -- but I think the constant motion did something to them. Wayne passed away early into the trip, followed quickly by Janet.

They couldn't live without each other. :sad:

My husband found a baby bunny. I named it Edge. He was the cutest little bunny. Then we let him go.

I don't want kids but if I did I would name a boy Xavier and a girl Aurora (after the X-men).

I inherited two kitties named Simon and Garkfunkel from a good friend when I was a teenager. I think they were actually both girls. :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom