Have you named a pet or child after a favourite band member?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you named a pet or child after a favourite band member?

• Yes -- a pet

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Yes -- a child

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Yes -- both

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • No.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Are you kidding? That's REALLY creepy!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
One of the ferrel cats living in my back garden has been named Fugazi:shifty:

This was my Hamilton Conor...

000_0098.jpg

...and this was my Benjamin Ryan....

34855%3C%3A36%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23233766748%3C5ot1lsi

I didn't have a digital camera when I had Benny, and I wasn't able to snap many good pics of him. :(

Every time I laid out those CDs...no matter which order...he always gravitated towards Heartbreaker. Even if it was just coincidence, I still found it cute. :giggle: :heart:

U2democrat said:
I did have a hamster named Skywalker and my sister had one named Yoda :nerd:

omg! me and my two cousins had star wars hamsters too! mine was Qui Gon Ginn (R.I.P). Steve had a teddy bear hamster called Darth Maul and ryan had Obi Wan Kenobi. that is too funny.

i had a fish called Bonovox.

my cat's name is Strummer! after Joe Strummer.

I'm naming my kid Atticus and my dog Finch if that counts for anything.

I met a lady in a GA line who said she named her kid Dave Evans as a first and middle name after Edge. She showed me a pic of him with a little beanie on, it was on a poster she made. She held it up at the concert with "Edge I named my kid after you" written on it and he laughed and pointed at it.

Sula, you're in VA now? How did you get here? Of all things! What part?

Last edited:
U2democrat said:
I did have a hamster named Skywalker and my sister had one named Yoda :nerd:

My mum has a dog called Skywalker. Not because she is a Star Wars fan, though. She got the dog from a breeder, who had used him to show and then breed before putting him up for taking when he was about 3 years old. His common name was Sky, as it was short for his full name which is bloody long. Anyway, as he is a male dog, and mum is sick of explaining how he got the name Sky, she tells people his name is Skywalker.

That was really boring, huh :D

I give my animals and kids generic human names.

I have a fish named Elliott (after Elliott Smith), and I have two other fish named Jack & Meg (White Stripes).

redhotswami said:

Adam died at some point in the past few weeks. I killed him because I am a horrible horrible person. I accidentally forgot to pack him when I went to visit my parents for 3 weeks. :sad:

:hug: Sorry, don´t feel bad, it could happen to anyone :sad:

Back
Top Bottom