Have You Heard This Song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
It's a cover of a Tears For Fears song, Mad World. My two favorite stations have been playing it all the time, and it's just stuck in my head. I think it's beautiful and haunting

I can't remember who sings it (I know it's someone I've never heard of), but his voice sounds similar to Michael Stipe's

Mad World

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
And their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
'Cos I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very
Mad World

Children waiting for the day they feel good
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday
Made to feel the way that every child should
Sit and listen, sit and listen
Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
Look right through me, look right through me

i'm pretty sure that's what it is. i know i've got that on a mix somehwere, but i don't listen to the radio so i've got no clue what they're playing these days.

The movie came out in 2001, for some reason they've just recently released that song to the radio as a single (I guess they realized everyone who's seen the movie LOVES the song).

There's definitely a cover of it by Gary Jules that's definitely very good, and everyone definitely likes it. getting it on the radio would be a good move.

Yep, it's Gary Jules and Michael Andrews. It was released as a single and was the 2003 Christmas No. 1 here in the UK.

I used to really love it when I first saw Donnie Darko and before it was released as a single, but now it's played to death, so I hear it everywhere I go. :crack:

meegannie said:
I used to really love it when I first saw Donnie Darko and before it was released as a single, but now it's played to death, so I hear it everywhere I go. :crack:

yeah same :yes: , good song though :yes:

Back
Top Bottom