Have you ever run into someone...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
...who seems to know you but you can't remember who they are? Happened to me today. I was walking outside on my college campus and a guy who was sitting somewhere said hi to me as I walked past him...said 'how've you been', and 'good to see you'. I had no idea who he was. After the fact, it occured to me that he might be a guy I worked with for a short period of time about a year ago, but if it was him his hair is a lot longer now than it was then. Anyway, I was pretty curious but I didn't bother going back 'cause it would be weird to say, 'hey I said hi back to you a minute ago but I don't know who you are, are you so-and-so?' :wink:

Anyone ever have this happen?

remember the scene from " swingers" where the guys are huggin and sayin " ok great well I'll give you a call", then he walks away and his friend say's " who was that" and mike says " I dont know man"

I :heart: that movie.

It happened to me a few months ago in CVS. I ran into a girl I didn't recognize from a few years ago. I smiled and said hello back, but it took me until a few minutes after we stopped talking to figure out who she was.

That happened to me outside GM Place at Van 1. A guy waiting outside the ticket office like myself said he met me before and that we had talked somewhere. I don't remember him at all. But as we were talking, we found out we were both at Elevation 2001 in Vancouver and Salt Lake City. He has also been in my community for work reasons a few years ago. But I still never remembered meeting him although he said he had gained weight since then. Weird!

Got a tip though, if they know your name, say " What was your name again?" They will tell you their first name to which you respond "No, your last name, what was it again?' They tell you that too to which you respond "Right, I had forgotten" No feelings hurt. Works for me.

mm hmm. all the time.
this one girl always stops me in the halls at school and asks me how i am and whatnot. and when she asks she asks stuff about me that i didnt know she knew about me.. i don't even know who she is.. :shifty: ..

it gets so awkward. :|

trevster2k said:

Got a tip though, if they know your name, say " What was your name again?" They will tell you their first name to which you respond "No, your last name, what was it again?' They tell you that too to which you respond "Right, I had forgotten" No feelings hurt. Works for me.

that's really clever... i should try it sometime.

Last time it happened to me was at a restaurant, one of the waitresses I was sure I'd seen before somewhere, but couldn't remember, so when I went and asked her we spent 5 minutes trying to figure out where we knew each other from (she said I looked familiar too). It didn't work, and I still have no idea where I knew her from. :shrug:

^ :yes:
DaveC said:
so when I went and asked her we spent 5 minutes trying to figure out where we knew each other from
so did it go something like this?

"hey, don't i know you from somewhere?"

:sexywink:

I'm usually the one who remembers most people I meet, while they are just stumped as to where they know me.

Often times a familiar person will say "hey don't I know you?" I'll often lie and say no, especially if it's someone I don't particularly like.

Actually it went more like "Hey, excuse me...this is going to come out of nowhere, but I think I know you from somewhere. This isn't a line or anything, I really think I know you from somewhere but I can't remember where."

The "This isn't a line" part was the truth.

And no, I didn't get her number. :p

All the time. I have a high profile job so people recognize me all the time and I have no idea who they are. And then sometimes I'm sure I know somebody and I can't figure where but am annoyed that they don't seem to even recognize me and then later I realize it was the clerk at the health food store or something. Those are the real celebrities in this town--the waiters and clerks we all think we know.

One day a girl stopped me outside the library and talked to me for almost 40 minutes. I was really hungover and ill that morning and I was just hoping I could make it to one lecture and stay awake and she stopped me and rambled on and on and on, I couldn't stop her talking. I had aboslutely no idea who she was but as she knew my name I guessed I had met her before. She mentioned a girl in one of my classes and then later on in the conversation she started showing me one of her essays and it was only when I saw her name that I figured out she was my friends flatmate who I had only met once for about 5 minutes before.

It happened last week in the library too, I was in the queue to scan myself out and a guy came up to me and said "Oh, it's Lara isn't it?" and we talked until the house where my class was, I started saying bye to him and remembered I didn't actually know his name so just said "bye....ehm....uhm...i'll see you soon." I remembered his name about 4 hours later. I hate when that happens. :mad:

This happens to me so much, that The Lovely Melissa and I have a code, if I dont know who the person is and they know me, I give her a look, pretend to sneeze, and she will introduce herself while I walk away to sneeze so we can get a name and perhaps maybe it will trigger. We have done this at clubs, weddings, funerals, Barmitzva's ..............ok maybe not all that, but clubs and weddings yes. Anyone else have any crazy way's of getting more info out of someone without letting them know that you have no clue who they are?

Back
Top Bottom