Have you ever run into someone... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 05-17-2005, 09:29 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 05:38 PM
All the time. I have a high profile job so people recognize me all the time and I have no idea who they are. And then sometimes I'm sure I know somebody and I can't figure where but am annoyed that they don't seem to even recognize me and then later I realize it was the clerk at the health food store or something. Those are the real celebrities in this town--the waiters and clerks we all think we know.

Old 05-17-2005, 02:04 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 12:38 AM
One day a girl stopped me outside the library and talked to me for almost 40 minutes. I was really hungover and ill that morning and I was just hoping I could make it to one lecture and stay awake and she stopped me and rambled on and on and on, I couldn't stop her talking. I had aboslutely no idea who she was but as she knew my name I guessed I had met her before. She mentioned a girl in one of my classes and then later on in the conversation she started showing me one of her essays and it was only when I saw her name that I figured out she was my friends flatmate who I had only met once for about 5 minutes before.

It happened last week in the library too, I was in the queue to scan myself out and a guy came up to me and said "Oh, it's Lara isn't it?" and we talked until the house where my class was, I started saying bye to him and remembered I didn't actually know his name so just said "bye....ehm....uhm...i'll see you soon." I remembered his name about 4 hours later. I hate when that happens.

Old 05-17-2005, 02:19 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:38 PM
This happens to me so much, that The Lovely Melissa and I have a code, if I dont know who the person is and they know me, I give her a look, pretend to sneeze, and she will introduce herself while I walk away to sneeze so we can get a name and perhaps maybe it will trigger. We have done this at clubs, weddings, funerals, Barmitzva's ..............ok maybe not all that, but clubs and weddings yes. Anyone else have any crazy way's of getting more info out of someone without letting them know that you have no clue who they are?
Old 05-17-2005, 10:11 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 04:38 PM
That's actually pretty damn clever. But what happens when you really do have to sneeze? LOL
Old 05-19-2005, 06:59 AM   #20
Local Time: 01:38 AM
Originally posted by nbcrusader
I stay home to avoid this problem.....
Hahaaa, me too!
Old 05-19-2005, 01:33 PM   #21
The Fly
Local Time: 12:38 AM
That sneezing code is a really good plan