Have you ever mailed anything out of the country lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghetofabu

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Have you ever mailed anything out of the county lately?

This is mainly a question for people here in the states.

If you have I wanted to ask if you were required to have the addressed persons phone number for air mail?

i mailed some items out of the country a few months ago. i didnt put down my number or the recipient's number either.

I've never needed a number. Are you mailing it to the UK? You shouldn't need a phone number. Even if it's on the customs forms, I'd leave it blank. Or make something up. :shifty: I always make up stuff for the customs form anyway, because if I'm sending presents, I don't want the person to know what they are!!

I fed X stuff everyday and I never put a phone number :shifty:

That's just for in case they need to contact the person because of error or whatnot.

I've mailed packages to Canada, Ireland, the UK, the Netherlands, Sweden, Mexico, Germany and a few other countries I can't remember and I've never had to provide a phone number.

I've used airmail and international priority mail and I can't remember ever providing a phone number, even on customs forms.

the only time that i have needed to provide a phone number when mailing an item over seas is when i have had to FedEx a package. but yeah when i have mailed items to Mexico, Brasil, Ireland, the UK, The Netherlands, Australia ,Canada i have never needed to provide telephone number.

I had to mail a CD to Ireland earlier last year. They asked me what was in the package, and I told them it was a CD. They asked me WHAT CD it was. :der: Then they asked if the person was expecting me to be sending the CD and what my relation was to the person. :crack:

gheto pretend your my cousin :laugh:

I sent you a Pm about our phone nnumbers here Im useless with international codes, one time I phoned Spain.....it was funny!

Bonochick said:
I had to mail a CD to Ireland earlier last year. They asked me what was in the package, and I told them it was a CD. They asked me WHAT CD it was. :der: Then they asked if the person was expecting me to be sending the CD and what my relation was to the person. :crack:

They asked me at all that stuff at customs at Heathrow last fall. Who I was staying with, where they lived, how I knew them, where they were from, and what they did. :crack:

I am going to fake the number. I don't think they need that information. If there is something wrong then they can send it back to me that is one of the reason why you have the return address on there, AND if they expect people to follow certain rules they should be able to provide proper documentation on it at least on there web site.

Things have changed here in Australia recently. I mailed parcels to 3 different countries recently. They required to see my ID (photo license) and I had to put MY phone number on the parcel,(thta's never happened before) as well as all the usual declarations. The parcels now get a flourescent orange sticker saying who they were checked by. Only 2 of the 3 countries I send things too, have registered mail options and the biggest parcel I sent, which contained a koala teddy bear for a baby girl went missing:(
so yeah, sending stuff these days has changed.
All Australians are about to receive a "what to do in case of terrorist attack " info pack through the mail. They tell us to take a battery-operated radio, a torch etc. My youngest son asked an perceptive question I thought..."take them where?"

I have 2 of the nicest people working at my local post office, and one nasty lady. She always has the shortest queue. She beckoned me over the other day...I avoided eye contact and mumbled something about ,I'm waiting to see Heather. I'm sure I went bright red. She's scary, they should put a flourescent orange sticker on her.

The Koala teddy makes me think of this little (or as Lara would say WEE) Koala bear that my dad brought back for me when he was TDY (Air Force term) For a special event called Cape Thunder (I think that is the name). I don't know if they do it anymore. When ever I smelled the little bear it smelled like leather sort of and they used really soft hair type stuff on it. It even had little plastic like claws. :sigh: memories.

As for the package. I got it mailed off.

It is WEE everything is WEE even a mug of tea

I told my "mom" about your package problem she said we neevr get asked that sort of stuff cus nobody who has guns in Ireland would give them away :der: Our posting rules aint strict....at all...is it to see if your sending guns? :der:

awww Koala's and airforce terminology. 2 units from my bro-in-law's squadron have flown out already. He has 2 baby girls, I don't want him to go. Bless 'em all.
Must be in a "posting" mood.
I made this for my youngest son's birthday , some time ago now. Boy he's grown lately..a moustache even **cass faints**
I took the cake to the Preschool just after the photo was taken...2 hours to make it..2 minutes to eat it!!

post post post..I just realised

U can't attcah pics in "quick reply" mode or unattach your signature...got it now.

Attachments

• koalanov261992.jpg
    koalanov261992.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 11
nah. lara.Too dangerous. It might have a file hidden inside or something.
post ,POST?...Bjork...I should...not be here.
MUST DO housework..
think I'll go put Bjork CD on...LOUDLY.

Back
Top Bottom