Have you ever lied to your Bosses face?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I did just today... well he isn't my boss, but I work with him more thank any other worker. Anyway I am 16 and a casual and I just lied to him.

See, I work in a servo, and I was stacking drinks in the big fridge out the back, and my hands were freezking because everything is negative a millionty degress in there. So I got the gloves that are used to do the bins (I know....) to move the drinks. He busted me, and said "I sincerely hope you are not using those gloves to move the drinks." And before I could even think, I just said, "No." I felt (and am still feeling) guilty, and he said "what for then?" and I came up with this shithouse excuse, "oh I was just moving some stuff..." he said he "can live with that" but I think he saw right through me.

Anyways, let's all make each other feel less guilty by telling of the porkies told to your boss or someone you work with's face.

Lots and lots!!!!

Boss: "are you busy"
Me: "yes"

Boss: "Have you finished that tabled graph for my grand round seminar"
Me: *holy shit....forgot about that......shit,shit* "Oh God ,yeah..pfft! When did you need it again,tomorrrow...right!!"
Boss: "Yeah"
Me: *holy crap* No worries....i'll e-mail it to you tonite...i had to work on it from home!"
Boss: "you're a gem!"
Me: *oh....man.....there goes watching my Desperate Houswives episode and i'm going to be up till 2am
:mad: *

COBL_04 said:
I did just today... well he isn't my boss, but I work with him more thank any other worker. Anyway I am 16 and a casual and I just lied to him.

See, I work in a servo, and I was stacking drinks in the big fridge out the back, and my hands were freezking because everything is negative a millionty degress in there. So I got the gloves that are used to do the bins (I know....) to move the drinks. He busted me, and said "I sincerely hope you are not using those gloves to move the drinks." And before I could even think, I just said, "No." I felt (and am still feeling) guilty, and he said "what for then?" and I came up with this shithouse excuse, "oh I was just moving some stuff..." he said he "can live with that" but I think he saw right through me.

Anyways, let's all make each other feel less guilty by telling of the porkies told to your boss or someone you work with's face.

:laugh:

I pretty much guarantee you your boss has already forgotten about this.

You have much to learn about how things get done in the workplace, my friend. :wink:

No. Never.

Now, please stop googling my usernames, potential employer. My resume speaks for itself and I look forward to contributing my work ethic and talents to your organization :up:

i was a bagger/cart pusher inner

male boss: vg, go clean the bathrooms.
vg: umm ok

brush my hair, reapply lip gloss, refill paper towels, glance briefly at nasty used touched TP bits

boss: did you pick all the toilet paper bits off the ground?
vg: yeah

this happened like twice a week. i wasn't hired to touch items that have come into contact with other people's fecal matter and i was provided with no tools or sanitary way of doing so.

shit i hated that job :)

VertigoGal said:
i was a bagger/cart pusher inner

male boss: vg, go clean the bathrooms.
vg: umm ok

brush my hair, reapply lip gloss, refill paper towels, glance briefly at nasty used touched TP bits

boss: did you pick all the toilet paper bits off the ground?
vg: yeah

this happened like twice a week. i wasn't hired to touch items that have come into contact with other people's fecal matter and i was provided with no tools or sanitary way of doing so.

shit i hated that job :)

omg i was one of those too..:sad:i hated being a bagger bitch!!!! and my manager made me clean a washroom too....haha i yelled at him!!

I've done one better than lying to her face. I sat her down and told her what I really felt about her. (as calmly and professionaly as I could, of course)

The best part? I still have my job, and she doesn't! :rockon:

Last edited:
During an interview for a job -- one which required some accounting skills (it wasn't the whole of the job, but enough that the applicant should have a clue):

Interviewer: "Are you good at math/accounting?"

Me: "Of course"

(I also read their mission statement and managed to work most of the points into my other interview answers. :) )

I got the job. :ohmy:

(and there were hundreds of other applicants. I was shocked.)

When I was in my first 3 years of college, I was a paint crew supervisor at a college in my hometown. I remember one day we were just sitting around. That's not the story. We did this daily.

The story goes as follows. We were all crammed in a dorm room, about 8 of us. And we were hungry. So someone says, "we should order a pizza!" I had no other option but to say "SURE!" So of coures, we did.

The tricky part came when we had to figure out how to get the pizza to us in the dorm room. There were all kinds of bosses around, so we chose a back room on the ground level. Luckily, the person we called was a student at this college so he knew exactly where we wanted him to go as we described our situation and where we needed it delievered to.

Needless to say, we got our pizzas through the window, and they were delicious.

Back
Top Bottom