Have you ever joined a website community knowing it was so messed up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
(I just posted this in my journal but thought it would make for a good LS post)

I did this the other day. I joined a site to see what type of new people I would interact with. It has turned into somewhat of a rubbernecking thing for me. I can't seem to stop going there to see my new msgs and to read what has been posted.

I won't tell you the name of the website, because I don't want you to follow it *:wink:* but I am just curious if you have joined one for the hell of it because it was so fucked up you had to join and have now found yourself becoming an active member?

And if any of you say yes "interference", please don't respond.

~:sexywink:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I am just curious if you have joined one for the hell of it because it was so fucked up you had to join and have now found yourself becoming an active member?

Are you talking about X? :sexywink:

i was thinking about our dear x as well.

and to answer your question, no.

but i do post at atease, though not like i used to.

you mean there's a place more fucked up than this???

sounds like good times! :hyper:

The most f:censored:d up list I've ever been on was a figure skating site. It was really flamey, and the moderation was really heavy-handed (we weren't even allowed to use the phrase "screwed up", that was supposedly profanity...you already know what we weren't allowed to use). It was a free site. Then they changed and wanted to charge us something like $40 a year for membership. A few of us calculated and found out that it would have gotten a Canadian big shot, whose name I don't dare mention, a small fortune. I quit. I was so tired of getting "censored" over my alleged indiscretions, and then they threw in this pay thing. This was about three months before I joined Interference. If you're wondering why I got so fixated on the :censored: smilie, it had alot to do with my experiences on this figure skating site. Whew. I don't miss it. I'm not sure that this is exactly what you wanted, Iris, but it's my worst experience on the Internet, and I've never talked about it. This is the first time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom