Have you ever had a psychic experience?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not so much in psychics/astrology - but I beleive in intuition/gut instinct - it is impossible to be a skilled clinician without it
plus I find God a whole lot more mysterious than any of the psychics could ever be

I don't know how psychic this is, but I sometimes get a song in my head seconds before it comes on the radio.

Mr. BAW said:
Is that like a deja vu all over again??? :)

I've have had a few of those deja vu experiences before. Theya er quiet qeird. :| I know they have to do with chemical imbalances in your brain, but they are weird nontheless.

I usually know who's on the phone before I answer it...and no, not because of caller ID! Otherwise I should always go with a gut feeling because if I don't, something bad or annoying happens that probably wouldn't have if I'd gone with my gut.

An interesting book about these little "psychic moments" is The Sense of Being Stared At by Rupert Sheldrake. He had a good theory I'm far too sleepy to get into now about turning your attention toward someone.

mine are more like I think about someone and then a day or so later they contact me or their name is mentioned by someone else. Or I think about something, like a movie I haven't thought about in years, and then a day or so later it's on TV. Just weird things like that but it's happens alot. In fact I hadn't heard from one of my high school friends in almost a year and a few weeks ago I saw one of my cousin's and she asked how my friend was doing. I thought about emailing my friend after that conversation but never got around to it. A few days later my friend emailed me to say she's been thinking about me alot lately. :huh:

Schmeg said:
I usually know who's on the phone before I answer it...and no, not because of caller ID! Otherwise I should always go with a gut feeling because if I don't, something bad or annoying happens that probably wouldn't have if I'd gone with my gut.

An interesting book about these little "psychic moments" is The Sense of Being Stared At by Rupert Sheldrake. He had a good theory I'm far too sleepy to get into now about turning your attention toward someone.

Could you elaborate on his theory when you are not sleepy? :)

I think his theory basically states that humans originally had a great need for their 'sixth sense,' (we're talking way, way back in the evolution line). It helped them survive in the very dangerous prehistoric world. But as we've developed speech and so many other ways of communicating, most of us no longer use or pay attention to this sixth sense.

Among other things, he has done experiments on whether a person isolated in a room can tell when someone is staring at them. I believe he has also done a lot of research into this sixth sense in animals, e.g., dogs and cats being able to sense when their owner is on their way home, when their owner is ill, etc.

I certainly believe that humans have this extra-sensory capability. We dismiss a lot of it, though, as coincidence. If you take the time to think about these 'coincidences,' you may decide that something else was at work.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

Sheldrakes method for testing his hypothesis to find a "staring effect" was quite poor, a full article breaking it down may be found here - http://www.csicop.org/si/2000-09/staring.html

It is very simple to believe things because they sound good or match up to what we want to feel and hear, but in the end if you buy into every claim without a healthy dose of scepticism you will be played as a dupe.

bonosloveslave said:
I occasionally have random dreams, then a few days later something from the dream plays out in real life :ohmy:

This happens to me too. My dreams are about plane crashes :|

i've never had what i'd exactly call a psychic experience but i get those gut feelings about something, or sometimes i'll be talking to a friend of mine and one of us will finish the others sentance or say the same thing at the same time. or i'll be thinking about someone and then they call or if i'm on the computer they'll come online. stuff like that.

I've had some weird moments. I think one of the most vivid recently was the last time I spoke with my grandma. I knew it was the last time I would see her. But I dismissed it as sheer imagination.

That's been happening alot to me this year. But it's a bit hard to prove after the fact. :huh:

In college, I had a professor who was big into paranormal stuff...which was why all of his students chose to write papers on a related topic. I did mine on tarot cards, regarding cold readings. When my professor and I met outside of class one day, we got to talking about stuff, and he shared a story. He said that he used to do tarot card readings at parties, just for fun. One time, he was reading a woman's fortune, and he suddenly had a vision of a pair of feet swinging in a garage. When he said that to her, she told him that her husband had recently hanged himself in their garage. My professor does not believe in psychic powers, so he just took it to be a total coincidence. Still...kinda freaky...and it also shows how things can just coincidentally happen like that.

I just remembered about this recent event too that was pretty damn coincidental.

I was talking on the phone to a friend of mine from the Ryan Adams board. While doing so, I accidentally cut my left shoulder...right as the cut was made, my friend said, "Ow!" I asked him what happened...and he said it was a pain in his shoulder. I asked which shoulder, and he said it was his left. A little while later, we got disconnected. I waited for him to call me back, as I didn't want to wake up anyone in his house. While waiting, I decided to get a glass of water, which I rarely do at night. A few minutes later, he called back. He said he would have called back right away, but he had decided to go get a glass of water.

when i was pregnant with my first child....I dunno if that had any bearing on my sensitivity at that time...I just had this feeling something terrible was gonna happen...i just had this great sense of doom looming around me....and my dad had a heartattack
hes ok now...
but it was just weird.

A_Wanderer said:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

Sheldrakes method for testing his hypothesis to find a "staring effect" was quite poor, a full article breaking it down may be found here - http://www.csicop.org/si/2000-09/staring.html

It is very simple to believe things because they sound good or match up to what we want to feel and hear, but in the end if you buy into every claim without a healthy dose of scepticism you will be played as a dupe.

Or you can just go through your life doubting every single thing unless it is right in front of your face. These are the ones that usually turn out to be dupes. :wink:

I am not saying psychics are necessarily real, but where is the open mind?

An open mind will often make the greatest discoveries because they test what is staring them in the face. We live in a universe of energy, matter and force. It is from this that we unlock the rest of it.

Science trumps superstition anyday.

Ok - I'm a scientist and one of the most skeptical people I know but, I can't explain some of the dreams that I have had.

For instance, dreaming of the death of a distant relative, who I hadn't any contact with for at least five years, dieing. The next morning my father got a call to say she had died.

It doesn't happen all the time, I am still waiting for the lotto numbers to come up, but when it does happen its really weird.

bonosloveslave said:
I occasionally have random dreams, then a few days later something from the dream plays out in real life :ohmy:

happens to me all the time.

and i mean, all the time.

my dreams tell me loads of things, i dream about real life events that have happened or will happen, i also have dreams of celebrities and some have come true.

:coocoo:

I believe in alot of this psychic stuff. too many "things" happen to me for it all to be a coincidence.

I also read cards for people, often i am right with the outcomes...

I believe that there are energies around us and if we are open to it, we can "hook" into it. I used to do it more often, but I was able to predict things before they happened. Like once, I was in a room with a few people and one asked where a friend of mine was. At that moment, I told them and I knew she would be the next person to walk into the room and she was. They couldn't believe it but it just seemed so natural to me. I know it when it's happening - it really is like "hooking into a wave".

Also, that John Edwards (not the VP candidate - the "Crossing Over" guy) seems to be for real. I know of someone who lost her husband on 9/11 and he was able to tell her things that he could never have known on his own.

Back
Top Bottom