Have you ever had a psychic experience?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HeartlandGirl said:
I think his theory basically states that humans originally had a great need for their 'sixth sense,' (we're talking way, way back in the evolution line). It helped them survive in the very dangerous prehistoric world. But as we've developed speech and so many other ways of communicating, most of us no longer use or pay attention to this sixth sense.

Among other things, he has done experiments on whether a person isolated in a room can tell when someone is staring at them. I believe he has also done a lot of research into this sixth sense in animals, e.g., dogs and cats being able to sense when their owner is on their way home, when their owner is ill, etc.

I certainly believe that humans have this extra-sensory capability. We dismiss a lot of it, though, as coincidence. If you take the time to think about these 'coincidences,' you may decide that something else was at work.
:up: Much better elaboration than what I would have come up with. I read that months ago, and I don't rememebr all the details now. I liked the explanation of "turning your attention" toward someone and their sixth sense picking it up.

There were whole chapters devoted to the sixth sense in animals and I actually tried to use some of his ideas when rescuing a bird that flew into the glass in my store. I can tell you who's on the phone, but the animals don't listen to me. :shifty:

I could totally dismiss the phone thing as only a select group of people call my cell phone, so guessing isn't that difficult. But when I'm at work and literally anyone could be calling, I don't think it's just plain guessing anymore.

Now that this thread has turned to a sixth sense type of deal felt I could contribute - I've had patients who just "sense" that something is wrong even though they have no symptoms - they are usually right, I've had people who have moments of complete clairity before death, who hang on unitl their loved one get to the room, if I have a "funny feeling" about a patient I always follow up and 9 times out of 10 that funny feeling turns out to be right - one could say that it is hightened assessment skills - possibly, but I think its more of a sixth sense/intuition which only increases my belief in a higher (God) power

I also know what song is going ot be on the radio before it is played and have a hightened sense of if a u2 song/video/interview is happening - I call it a gift:)

nurse chrissi said:
Now that this thread has turned to a sixth sense type of deal felt I could contribute - I've had patients who just "sense" that something is wrong even though they have no symptoms - they are usually right, I've had people who have moments of complete clairity before death, who hang on unitl their loved one get to the room, if I have a "funny feeling" about a patient I always follow up and 9 times out of 10 that funny feeling turns out to be right - one could say that it is hightened assessment skills - possibly, but I think its more of a sixth sense/intuition which only increases my belief in a higher (God) power

I also know what song is going ot be on the radio before it is played and have a hightened sense of if a u2 song/video/interview is happening - I call it a gift:)

My mother-in-law waited until my husband arrived. She had been in a coma all day and died less than five minutes after he walked in the room.

last night i was in an apartment that i'd never been before and i sware to you for like a 30 second span i could've sworn that i had a dream where i was in the exact same situation. not the first time that's happened either... always write it off as i'm nuts, or it's the alcohol or somethin... and it probably is... but it was just strange

Headache in a Suitcase said:
last night i was in an apartment that i'd never been before and i sware to you for like a 30 second span i could've sworn that i had a dream where i was in the exact same situation. not the first time that's happened either... always write it off as i'm nuts, or it's the alcohol or somethin... and it probably is... but it was just strange

Deja vu type incidents always make me feel slightly uneasy.:uhoh:

Like alot of you, I have a certain sixth sense about things too. I've dreamt many events that have happened to me and others. I've dreamt plane crashes, and event dreamt a girl getting hit by a car on her bicycle down to her hair style, clothing and the very type of bike - the next day, my father and I witnessed such a scene.

Sometimes, my senses do other things, too.

I can walk into rooms and tell something very bad has happened there. I pick up on "energies" very easily from buildings and people. I have rarely been wrong when I inquire about what I am sensing. I guess some of us just "know" or "feel" certain things that we can't explain. I've been this way since I was little.

There's more but I don't want to share it. :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom