Have you done your Income Taxes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No.

I hate doing it :madspit:

I'll have to eventually tho, at least I usually get a refund, I just hate doing it.

I think I just got the last form I needed today. I'm self employed so unless I overpaid my estimated taxes I won't get anything back. And then of course I'll have to start paying this year's taxes, so any refund would just go right back. Takes all the joy out of doing taxes. :grumpy:

a) I'm poor
b) I know how to read and match numbered fields
c) I know how to use the internet

I file myself, online.

Carek1230 said:
Have you?

I have!

State refund :up:
Federal refund :up: :up:

How dare you mention this so early in the year...only the desperate get it done so fast...! :down:

My message to the I.R.S.....

2116.gif

See you in April!!!

I'm done. Mine are simple, all I need is my W-2.
Not getting a whole lot back from federal and I owe state $7.00 :angry:

I have no idea how to do my taxes :reject: I tried a few years ago and gave up. That's what my brother is for. :D He's going to do them this weekend.

Re: Re: Have you done your Income Taxes?

Mr. BAW said:

How dare you mention this so early in the year...only the desperate get it done so fast...! :down:

My message to the I.R.S.....

2116.gif

See you in April!!!

:lol: Let's just say mine were done in desperation! Mine are also easy, all I need is my W-2. And I use FreeTaxUSA online. Cheap, easy, and refunds coming my way, just the way I like it!

I hate doing them. I am going to be very, very annoyed if the day comes when I have to pay taxes to the US when I'm not earning any money there (apart from about $20 in interest on my account used to pay back my student loans) and have no intention of moving back.

I've got everything but Phil's second W-2, so yes they will be done as soon as the stupid company fulfills their legal obligations and sends the paper. If I look at the amount of interest paid on my student loans I will cry....

My dad always does my taxes for me...I've never done them. :reject:

I had brought him the forms last time I visited, and I mailed him my W-2. He's going to be doing them this weekend. Then he mails them back to me so I can sign them and mail them in. I think I have a pretty sweet deal. :wink:

^^ Yep my daddy does mine! He volunteers for a local non-profit doing taxes for people that can't afford accountants. He just tosses mine in the pile...

I was always scared of attempting to do my own return until a couple years ago. Mine are so simple really - I am lucky I know - and I was sick of paying over $100 to H&R Block so I sucked it up and forced myself to do my own return. I amazed myself how easy and painless it was. I've never had to pay yet tho...I am sure if I was having to pay I wouldn't be so happy and proud of myself!

I've always done my own. Of course, since I've had to do all the foreign income exclusion stuff, I'm not entirely sure I've been doing them correctly for the past four years.

Finished filing my taxes. Getting a nice check from the Feds :) which will be used for my trip to Australia :) and a decent amount from the State.

I usually don't get my done until sometime in March. I have some mutual funds, so I need an accountant to help me with mine. Still waiting for more tax information to come in the mail.

I think the last thing we were waiting on came today - that is, we got a mortgage interest statement on a former loan & I think it was the last item we needed.

Anyway, Mr. Blu & I normally have ours done by the middle of February - if we're getting money back (which we usually do), we want to know about it ASAP and if we have to pay (which happens occasionally), we want to know about it ASAP. :D

We're hoping for a decent combined return this year... gotta' buy those airline tix for England & Ireland!! :drool: :hyper:

i finished mine last night. i got state taxes taken out even though i live and work in a state with no income tax :huh: so i'll be getting that back from my company once they decide to actually do some work for a change, and a nice refund from my federal taxes.

Back
Top Bottom