Have we had a "Wilco are SELLOUTS" thread yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CrownVCJ said:

f8yv7bbammcc2.jpg

in other news, no wilco arent sellouts, what does that even mean.

but isn't life just a willful ponderance of splendiferous, monumental, scrumtrilescent tomfoolery?

/bullshit ended.

CrownVCJ said:
you even snuck a pop culture snl reference in there

have you ever come up with a joke on your own? :(

you're not worth the effort.

Two questions for CrownVCJ:

1. Where the hell did you come from all of a sudden?

and

2. What the hell is your problem?

Lancemc said:

and

calm down brah, read the IO thread

anyways guyssss back to wilco

I haven't even seen one of these commercials yet anyway...Bloc Party's "So Here We Are" was also in a car commercial but I saw it perhaps once, so it hardly ruined the song for me.

Lancemc said:

and

WHERE DID YOU COME FROM ALL OF THE SUDDEN

YOU SHOULD HAVE ANNOUNCED YOUR ARRIVAL SIX MONTHS IN ADVANCE WITH A SERIES OF MAILINGS

????

wilco didn't sell out, they aren't exactly my thing but theyre a skilled band and good for them for making some cash with what they love to do.

CrownVCJ said:

I only wish I was as original as you.

Maybe I'm just not intelligent enough to express my views of life, the universe, and insane photoshop pictures to everyone.

My bad.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I think deals like this are great for bands like Wilco, because it exposes their music to a wider audience that would not really hear it. Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, or U2 doing iPod commercials are one thing, they've all firmly established themselves as popular artists, while Wilco has not.

I think this comment is rather original and intelligent :up:

I've liked Wilco since Yankee Hotel Foxtrot... and since I never watch TV and I am not subjected to television commercials I guess I really don't care?

Who the hell watches TV anymore anyway?

And who cares what they do to get their music across anyway.

As far as I am concerned if you made an album as awesome as Yankee Hotel Foxtrot you can do whatever the hell you want to do.

david said:

As far as I am concerned if you made an album as awesome as Yankee Hotel Foxtrot you can do whatever the hell you want to do.

QFT! :up: Wilco makes watching TV commercials almost entertaining.

Beetles (Exhaustsmoke)?
Company in My Trunk
Side with the Power-Locks and Doors

:shrug:

angelordevil said:

I think this comment is rather original and intelligent :up:

:hug:

Re: Re: Have we had a "Wilco are SELLOUTS" thread yet?

CrownVCJ said:

Wait, so you just post a link? This is your post? A link? You made an entire thread for a link?

Yeah and look how wound up I got you from just a link.

Now imagine if I would have added my own thoughts to the thread - your ovaries would have shrunk and your head exploded.

You should thank me. I'm a humanitarian.

I can't really remember a time when a poster as so thoroughly missed the point. Is there an interference t-ball we can send her back to?

resisting urge to troll

i dont understand how wilco is selling out

EDIT oh fuck it LOL WAIT GUYS WAIT LOL

LOL

LOL LOL

HE POSTED SOMETHING

BUT ACTUALLY MEANT THE EXACT OPPOSITE

ISNT THAT HILARIOUS

WOW SIR GREAT JOB GODDAMN WHAT A POINT YOUVE MADE THIS IS THE THREAD OF OUR GENERATION

Last edited:
CrownVCJ said:
resisting urge to troll

i dont understand how wilco is selling out

EDIT oh fuck it LOL WAIT GUYS WAIT LOL

LOL

LOL LOL

HE POSTED SOMETHING

BUT ACTUALLY MEANT THE EXACT OPPOSITE

ISNT THAT HILARIOUS

WOW SIR GREAT JOB GODDAMN WHAT A POINT YOUVE MADE THIS IS THE THREAD OF OUR GENERATION

¿existance

You're weird, CrownVCJ.

But I haven't yet decided if you're weird in a good way or a bad way yet.

:wink:

Dalton said:

The numerous Patrick Swayze references or your panties in a knot?

I guess it is my turn to be confused?

tball.jpg

OOOHHHH SHIT SON YOU TOTALLY OWNED HIM MAN I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WENT THERE (??)

patrick swayze is totally on topic. don't you dare bring that existential shit in here though, don't you fucking DARE ruin my thread with that OFF TOPIC SHIT

anyway, dude, I totally heard Either Way on TV :) it made me happy. Since I wasn't actually watching it I didn't even have to see the car, just hear the song :wink: its pretty much a good deal for wilco I suppose, because really, I'm sure a lot of people will go buy their album because they like the song, but I don't think a lot of people are going to buy VWs just because they like the song :p

Look I'm sorry guys but I cant have this bickering between a select few of you all over the forum. Please ignore each other if you cant get along or dont like each other.

CrownVCJ, you are new here and I dont think you're starting off on a very good note so I might suggest you maybe relax a bit.

AtomicBono said:

OOOHHHH SHIT SON YOU TOTALLY OWNED HIM MAN I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WENT THERE (??)

patrick swayze is totally on topic. don't you dare bring that existential shit in here though, don't you fucking DARE ruin my thread with that OFF TOPIC SHIT

anyway, dude, I totally heard Either Way on TV :) it made me happy. Since I wasn't actually watching it I didn't even have to see the car, just hear the song :wink: its pretty much a good deal for wilco I suppose, because really, I'm sure a lot of people will go buy their album because they like the song, but I don't think a lot of people are going to buy VWs just because they like the song :p

And posts like this is why I believe home schooling is destroying the world.

Back
Top Bottom