Have "Fuck you" bracelets reached your school or town?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seabird

War Child
with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she
Last night my daughter who's a high school freshman informed me her best friend was grounded. When I asked why, she said it was because her mother found the explaination for the Fuck You bracelets in her notebook! I said, what? She showed me thin rubbery plastic bracelets of various colors on her arm. She said each one represented a different sex act, and if a boy broke one, you had to do that with him.

The other girl's Mom was upset, but personally I think it's a joke. Do any of you have any info on these things and whether or not it's a trend to worry about? I've never heard of them.

I dont know if my reply here will make you feel any better but when I was in year 7-8, aged about 13 or so they were very popular. This was back in '89 - '90 and for a bit longer. They were cool when mullets were still worn and Guns 'n' Roses were fashionable music. They were worn by the kids my mother would die of shame if I'd have hung out with them. But that was then and in an entirely different country so I dont know about now. They meant the same thing back then but I sincerely doubt they were ever taken seriously. I dont know of anyone who acted on any of them getting broken.
If it helps any, I would be concerned with what it portrays rather than having an actual truth to it. Sorry if this isn't helpful, I had no idea they were still even popular and even as widely known as they seem to be.

oh and my birthday is comiong up :hyper:

dont break my bracelet bonoman...

or actually, please do :sexywink:

I think if they had been serious, she'd never have openly told you about them;)

never heard about this

but that means very little really

Last edited:
My friend is an elementary school teacher and she heard of them. She just told me actually that those jelly bracelets now have "code" meanings as far as sex acts for teenagers. I'd be worried, but that's because of the stories I hear firsthand and on shows like Oprah about the sex acts young children are engaging in. :|

p.s. if it was a joke why would she have the codes written down in a notebook? Why need to specifically know what is what? And why do 13, 15 year olds need to know of or think of blow jobs, etc. ?? :huh:

Last edited:
Wow, never heard of that. And I used to have those bracelets when I was like 12 :lol:

geez! That's shocking :ohmy: I'll have to ask my fiance who works in a school to see if he's heard of that...I know I used to have those kinda bracelets but they were just to be cool! LOL

Yeah they were quite popular at school when I was about 11 :ohmy: But they called them 'shag-bands' and they didn't represent different sexual acts or whatever, I think they said if you broke one it meant you were never gonna have sex or something :eyebrow: I can't quite remember...that was only 6 years ago LOL!

never heard of that. When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be a bracelet that said "fuck you" on it or something lol. That would have actually been sort of cool.

Hmm never heard of it... and back in highschool i wasn't as pure as I am now *cough* :shifty:

Sicy, I don't think that the jelly bracelets they're talking about are the same ones we had in school. It sounds like these have beads? right?

ok nevermind I reread the description.. maybe they are ;)

hey how come I never got any when I broke someones bracelet? hehe

'Sex Bracelets' Cause For Parental Concern
Teens Using Bracelets To Signal Sexual Intentions

A fashion accessory may have a lot more meaning than you realize for your teenager: Jelly bracelets are making a comeback.

But instead of a fashion statement, they may be making a statement about your kid's sex life.

Madonna wore them in the '80s. Now, teen pop star Avril Lavigne has an armful, and singer Pink sports rainbow-colored rubber wear, and your little girl may have them, too.

Only this time these jelly bracelets have a new nickname: sex bracelets.

These bendable pieces of colorful rubber have a whole new unwholesome meaning: They're a sexual code to many teens.

Some colors mean different things, and people wear them for that reason.

Here's a common breakdown, from what teens told NBC 10:

Yellow: hugging
Purple: kissing
Purple with sparkles: french kissing
Red: lap dance
Blue: oral sex
Black: the full monty.

In a game called Snap, if a boy breaks a jelly bracelet off a girls wrist, he basically gets a sexual coupon for that act.

It's become such a problem in some middle schools in Florida, districts started banning the bracelets.

If your daughter is wearing one of these bracelets, it certainly doesn't mean she's having sex, following through on the Snap game, or even knows about the code,.

But experts say it's a good opportunity for you to have that all important conversation about sex, what you think is acceptable, and best for your family.

What goes in one neighborhood may not apply to another, and teenagers have their own ways of interpreting and morphing trends.

What's certain is the bracelets are here, and most kids we asked knew all about the new meaning. Source: NBC10

Last edited:
More color meanings...
Red: lap dance
Yellow: hugging
Green: fingering
Blue: oral sex
Purple: kissing
Purple with sparkles: french kissing
Black: the full monty
White: doggy style

Egads, I've never heard of these things. I guess that happens when you don't have kids and your only niece is in another country.

Back
Top Bottom