Have Ever You Overcome Any Of Your Fears?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I was reading through everybody's fears in that thread in Zoo Confessionals, and I got to wondering how many people had an intense fear that they got over?

I used to be scared to death of rollercoasters, and I refused to ride them. I went to Six Flags on a school field trip, and I just took pictures of all of the rides and my friends on the rides and stuff. Everybody made fun of me for being scared, and I hated it. The next time I got a chance to go to Six Flags, it was with my friend's youth group at church. I had done volunteer work with them, so they invited me along. I told them ahead of time that I wasn't going to ride anything. When we got to the park though, I caught a glimpse of a rollercoaster and said, "I wanna ride that." Nobody believed me and thought I'd jump out of line before getting on, but I got on and rode it. After that, we rode every single rollercoaster at the park at least once. Now I love rollercoasters!!
smile.gif

Anybody else have some stories?

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Good for you chicky!
I still see some rollercoasters that I say whoa too, but I haven't been to a park like that in a while either.
I always feel uncomfortable when I have to speak out in a group, esp if you have to get up and stand in front of the group in a presentation form.
As a remedy, I found that if I "volunteered" to do it, I would belt it out real quick and the pressure would be less. This is as opposed to being called on and having your heart nearly explode as you are scared to death about the whole idea.

Back
Top Bottom