Haunted places.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Know of one?
Ever stayed in a Haunted Home for a weekend?

Were you scared to move, as you lay in your bed at 4am when some paid member of staff came and knocked on your door in a manner that made you just lie there holding your breath until you nearly went blue, (as you could feel your heart almost crap itself in desperation for you to actually hurry up and inhale air). All the while the paid staff member runs back down the hallway and signals to another staff member who is hiding in the bushes outside holding a thin strong thread that he starts pulling, and it happens to run up and into your slightly-open window and is now moving the chair that you are staring at and with your eyes now so wide they are threatening to pop to feck out like this! :yippie: You feel yourself motionless. You can’t feel your legs! :ohmy: Then, you can! In fact, you are now suddenly convinced there are three legs in the bed, and my gawd it feels hairy as f*** (it’s really the big cuddly toy you brought with you for comfort) Your eyes move toward the window and as you stare at the moon, a paid puppeteer on the roof starts working a bat with red eyes round the outside in a real erratic manner! BOOM, that bloody guy is knocking the door again!
Seconds later you are up and packing the sh*t outta your stuff and you don’t care that you are completely undressed, and as you run down and out through the main room, all the true ghosts of 1862 are sitting having a chat suddenly fall silent as you pass them shouting “Hey! You guys should get outta here! This place is scary, it’s haunted! Get out! Save yourselves!!”, and away ya go in yer car breaking speed limit but you don’t care! :evil:

:D
No, seriously……..have you or would you dare stay in one that is supposed to be?

I remember this dude from one of our TV reports, years ago around Halloween time he stayed in the room of some pub place somewhere in Ulster, but not sure where again. He was in the room by himself, and was taping himself saying that he could feel the room was really really cold, and felt unhappy and nervous about staying the night. I don’t think he did.

LOL!

:p

Know of one?
Ever stayed in a Haunted Home for a weekend?
Indeed, ol' chap.

Stayed in the busily haunted east wing of the Border Hotel, a 19th Century castle-like structure outside Queensland with me buddy Kieran McConville.

We had met there to engage in a duel, but it never materialized.

Haven't stayed overnight but there's a Toys R Us store in Sunnyvale, where I grew up that's haunted. The store has been featured on a number of haunted and supernatural shows. Apparently it is a playful soul who likes to play pranks on the workers, knocking things off shelving etc. There is an eery kind of "vibe" to certain parts of the store where you could SWEAR someone was following you or staring you down. I've been in the store and felt that. Wasn't too spooked.

I spent the first 19 years of my life living in a haunted house.

The house was very old, built sometime toward the end of the 1800s. The top floor used to be used as a separate apartment, and we never used it regularly, as there was no central heating or air up there. We basically used it for storage, plus a game room with a pool table.

Well, all the ghosts hung out up there. Now, most of the really scary stuff happened in the few years my family lived there before I was born, and when I was really little. The stuff seemed to mostly stop after a while... maybe because the ghosts got used to us. But I have a few memories of strange occurrences, and I was afraid to go upstairs by myself until I was about 14 or so.

The creepiest story happened to my dad. He couldn't sleep one night, so he went up to the pool room to listen to some music. While he was up there, he heard a kid calling for their daddy. He thought it was one of us (my siblings and I) calling for him, so he turned off the music and went downstairs, but we were all sound asleep. So he started back up the stairs... and realized the voice was coming from upstairs.

Another thing happened to my older sister. She woke up in the middle of the night and saw an old man in a hospital gown sitting on her bed with his ankles crossed, only she was too young to know what a hospital gown was, and described it as a funny white dress. Some days later she saw someone in a hospital gown on TV and described it as what the man had been wearing.

Another instance happened to my mom. My dad worked nights, and she was waiting up for him. For whatever reason, she left the room, and when she came back, the rocking chair she'd been sitting in was turned completely over.

Of course, there were also things like doors opening and closing, lights turning on and off, voices, and the strange sensation of being watched. But one of the few things I actually remember noticing when I was little, was that... well, you know how they say ghosts don't know they're dead? I don't think ours realized they were dead, either that or they were just into having a good time, because ours would shoot pool. You'd be on the floor below, knowing full well that no one was upstairs, but you'd hear the clear sounds of a pool game being played. Balls rolling and everything. Creepy as hell.

The last thing that ever happened was a week after we'd moved out of the house. We still owned it, and my mom and I had gone back to pick up a few last things we'd left. It was the first time we'd been back since initially moving out. My bedroom and the kitchen were both side by side at the back of the house, but separate. In order to get to the kitchen you went through the dining room, while in order to get to the bedroom you went down the hall. Mom went to the kitchen, I went to my room, but we both walked through the doorways at the same time... and we both felt something touch us. It was like a feathery stroke of static electricity going up my arm. I didn't know what it was and I didn't say anything. Then mom called out to me from the kitchen saying she'd felt something, and I was like omg I felt it too!! Mom says she thinks the ghosts were saying goodbye to us.

EDIT: I just got the craziest sense of deja vu after I posted. Has there been a thread just like this before? :eyebrow:

My work takes me a few times a year to working in a very fancy, very big, very old theatre. It has a pretty large system of underground rooms passages etc... some reeeally old and creepy places down there (sorta phantom of the opera-ish) that have been abandoned for a long time. There are lots of ghost stories associated with the place, but I have been down in this one area there a few times when I got the creepiest feeling go right thru me.

The last thing that ever happened was a week after we'd moved out of the house. We still owned it, and my mom and I had gone back to pick up a few last things we'd left. It was the first time we'd been back since initially moving out. My bedroom and the kitchen were both side by side at the back of the house, but separate. In order to get to the kitchen you went through the dining room, while in order to get to the bedroom you went down the hall. Mom went to the kitchen, I went to my room, but we both walked through the doorways at the same time... and we both felt something touch us. It was like a feathery stroke of static electricity going up my arm. I didn't know what it was and I didn't say anything. Then mom called out to me from the kitchen saying she'd felt something, and I was like omg I felt it too!! Mom says she thinks the ghosts were saying goodbye to us.

How does that make you feel to know the spirits were saying goodbye to you and your family, did you feel somehow protected ?

Ive never stayed the night in a haunted place but i suppose it be a real life changing experince to know for real if their is life after death. I'd like to stay the night in a haunted hotel but not alone, maybe with a partner. Im easily scared but the thrill of it is rather addictive.

Borley Rectory was probs the most famous and active haunted location in England until it was demolished. Juts looking at the pictures and reading the articles makes me feel nervous.

I remember a snippet that linked ghost experiences with temporal lobe disturbance; possibly linked to geomagnetic fields. In any case the experiences are real and illustrate how incredibly out perceptions can be put off kilter.

After hearing a few ghost stories as a kid and being psychologically primed I felt immolation, a very definite experience to me even if it wasn't caused by spirits.

My work takes me a few times a year to working in a very fancy, very big, very old theatre. It has a pretty large system of underground rooms passages etc... some reeeally old and creepy places down there (sorta phantom of the opera-ish) that have been abandoned for a long time. There are lots of ghost stories associated with the place, but I have been down in this one area there a few times when I got the creepiest feeling go right thru me.

I know that feeling, it's so creepy.

Know of one?

My parents are convinced there was something spooky about one of the houses we used to live in.

My Da says he never believed in ghosts until one day, when I was about 3 or 4, he heard me talking in my room. I was alone but he said it sounded like I was having a conversation with someone. When he came in to ask me who I was talking to I told him I was talking to my Grandad (who died when I was 6 months old) but he had already left because he was going for a pint at the pub but everything was okay. My parents say that I would never have heard anyone talking about the pub or pints. It freaked my Da out so much he had problems sleeping.

I have no recollection of the incident but my Da says he is positive that I saw him. I would like to think it's possible that I could have spoken to him. He thinks that we are very close and that before he died the last thing he was talking about was me. Everyone thinks I look like him and sometimes I'll say something and someone will pipe up that it's something he would have come out with. Maybe I get it from other family members. :shrug: It's a bit sad I never got to know him.

My parents are convinced there was something spooky about one of the houses we used to live in.

My Da says he never believed in ghosts until one day, when I was about 3 or 4, he heard me talking in my room. I was alone but he said it sounded like I was having a conversation with someone. When he came in to ask me who I was talking to I told him I was talking to my Grandad (who died when I was 6 months old) but he had already left because he was going for a pint at the pub but everything was okay. My parents say that I would never have heard anyone talking about the pub or pints. It freaked my Da out so much he had problems sleeping.

I have no recollection of the incident but my Da says he is positive that I saw him. I would like to think it's possible that I could have spoken to him. He thinks that we are very close and that before he died the last thing he was talking about was me. Everyone thinks I look like him and sometimes I'll say something and someone will pipe up that it's something he would have come out with. Maybe I get it from other family members. :shrug: It's a bit sad I never got to know him.

That is wonderful! :hug:

My cousin and I saw a ghost years ago while staying at my grandmother's huge farmhouse. (Interesting how so many ghost stories here feature large dwellings.)

We were nervous to be in the halls late at late, so bathroom runs were always done together. Anyway, during one late-night pee trip, we rounded the stairwell on the way to the bathroom, and were startled by a friendly, older lady about half way up the stairs. She was bathed in a blue hue, and seemed very warm and approachable. She had a warm, smiling face, her hair was in buns, and she did the stereotypical dainty old lady part very well. At one point, while we were staring at her, she bent over with her tray and asked if we'd like a cookie. For some reason, we didn't accept, even though we thought the offer was friendly...maybe we'd be breaking some sort of dimension barrier by accepting. Not sure, but we did say "thanks" and "goodbye" and went right back to bed, seemingly unnerved.

My cousin and I didn't really dwell on the incident, maybe like adults wood. We just accepted it, and compared notes only years later--where both of our stories were dead-on. (Sorry, unfortunate word choice.):wink:

old geelong jail (australia)
its pretty spooky shit and we get some regular spiritual contact, our building is on the west side, which is one of the hot spots for activity, prisoners are also buried in the yard feet first standing up where we now park our cars.
the jail at night is not somewhere i like to be , im outta there by 5.30 pm the latest .

lots of people come and do investigations
http://ghostresearchinternational.com/OGG020607.html

walk around with a themal image camera-
no ghosts, but interesting-
YouTube - Ghost Research International - Old Geelong Gaol Dec 2007

Old Geelong Gaol

Geelong Gaol Investigation - Ghosts, Haunting's, The Australian Ghost Hunters Society http://www.aghs.com.au

my dad and i were playing a round of golf a couple years ago, and on one hole he mentioned feeling very cold at a certain spot, right in the middle of the 13th fairway. i walked over and sure enough, that one spot was freezing, even though it was a perfect 75 degree day with no wind. we were both regulars at that course and it was the first time either of us felt that cold spot. later that evening my dad got a call from the Philippines about one of his relatives passing away. may have been coincidence but i remember that cold spot very vividly.

I used to live right next to Hollywood forever cemetary. when we worked at amoeba records we would go to astro burger and have our lunch in the mausoleum where the famous lady in black hauned Rudolpho Valentinos Tomb. The cemetary is nice, lots of celebs, its like a park. HBO did a special on it. Even Mel Blanc the voice of so many loony toons Characters is there, I shit you not, his tombstone says " thats all folks".
by the way after a year of going to lunch there we never saw her, but when I was a teenager I lived with the BAWS in a haunted house. It even had to be blessed by a Priest.

So last weekend i was in a place called Springbrook. It's an old war camp and a lot of people have died there. So the arena, where i was with a buddy is hunted. like a chick killed her self in the bathroom because her life sucked and didn't want to hurt more people or something. Then some other guy didn't attach him self to a harness and fell through the roof. Ya i was seeing shit out of the corner of my eye and hearing junk... it was scary.

Also the underground caves of Edinburgh are pretty fucking tight and scary at the same time. Like ive felt shit there i will never feel again. Like the tour guide was explaining the rules and as she was going over the feeling sick and fainting part some America chick just fell over like BAMB right out cold. It was like intense beyond words.

Last edited:
I never went inside the house but the town I used to live in had this really big Victorian house that sat right next to the railroad tracks. Back in the day it was used as part of the Underground Railroad. When the previous owners purchased the house they completely remodeled it. As they were taking stuff apart they discovered a hidden closet that contained skeletons that was believed to be slaves. My mom used to work with the guy who lived there and him and his family always heard strange noises and experience all kinds of unexplained things. Know it was creepy just walking by the house in daylight.

Back
Top Bottom