Hasselhoff And Princess Diana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Haha, what a loser :wink:

NY Daily News

Butler: Di was Hoff-limits

Di is said to have laughed at Hoff's 'Baywatch' pic.

Today in obscure celebrity feuds: David Hasselhoff and Princess Diana's former butler Paul Burrell.

The Hoff got himself some ink two weeks ago when he suggested in his autobiography, "Making Waves," that the late Princess of Wales had hit on him.

He said at the London launch of the book: "She was smitten with me since I was so tall. I was smitten with her since she was so tall. But she was married and so was I. I probably would have gone after her if circumstances had been different." :rolleyes:

But Burrell tells The News' Jane Ridley: "There was never, ever any hint of any date or romance between the two of them. Such a suggestion is as far-fetched as a talking car called K.I.T.T."

Burrell does say that Hasselhoff sent autographed "Baywatch" merch to Princes William and Harry, who were fans (or fans of his female co-stars, one imagines, but still).

"The signed photo was of him in his Baywatch pose - all trunks and hairy chest," laughs Burrell. "And I remember the princess laughing hysterically at the photo and turning her nose up."

That might explain the line she used that Hasselhoff interpreted as a come-on: "You look much better with your clothes on."

The Hoff's Bizarre Morning Behavior

So, granted, it's much more the norm now than the exception, but David Hasselhoff raised eyebrows in the UK last week with some rather, er, odd behavior. When he appeared on the popular morning show "GMTV," according to the London Daily Mail (via The Scoop), he seemed a little out of it, coming out with droopy eyes, slurring his words, and, most egregiously, mispronouncing the name of his "Click" co-star Adam Sandler as "Adam Sanglier."

According to the Mail, the show got hundreds of calls from angry viewers, and his rep says he was just "extremely tired" from the promotional tour for his autobiography "Making Waves." But a source from another show on which The Hoff appeared, added cryptically that Hasselhoff appeared to be "using some pretty odd-scented aftershave."

Meanwhile, Hasselhoff revealed to students at Trinity College in Dublin that his Camaro in "Knight Rider" – aka K.I.T.T., the Knight Industries Two Thousand – was, yep, gay. "We have some fairly X-rated outtakes on 'Knight Rider.' K.I.T.T. was constantly asking: 'Do you want me to take you home Michael?'"

what career did he have in the first place? baywatch was a joke, and ridiculed as soon as it hit tv. he's never been anyone.

Back
Top Bottom