Has the new Coldplay leaked yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find it odd that the new U2, which was so safely guarded like Fort Knox, could leak 2 weeks in advance, but the new Coldplay hasn't hit yet and there's less than 2 weeks remaining.

Coldplay's album will leak soon enough. I thought it would leak today but am holding out for tomorrow. I'm very excited about this album. I have heard snl version of "fix you" and the coachella live songs sound great. I think "what if" is going to be a great song.

Well its cool for Coldplay that it havn´t leaked yet. Bad for those who can´t wait :wink:

Come on, leak damn it. :mad: I want to find out if it's good enough to buy.

I bought some milk the other day that leaked in my refridgerator.

not a good leak.

Each column represents a letter in the alphabet. The first column represents X, the second two columns together represent &, and the final column represents Y.

76968.1113676417.jpg

the HTDAAB album cover blows, i mean i like the album and all but as an art student i know my art class couldve come out with 20 better covers.
then again they havent had very spectacular covers but its about the music right?

i like the X&Y cover though, the last one was good too :up:

i saw them on that tour too and they were good but then i also got a chance to see Travis live and [in my opinion] they blew coldplay away. they seemed to have much more energy and the band seemed like they genuinely wanted to be there whereas when i saw coldplay it seemed like any other show for them. they didnt have that energy and charisma that for example U2 show.. and in a sense they need more of that because the music is quite passionate and it needs to be delivered more passionately...perhaps they will deliver it with more passion this upcoming tour...
but i digress... i do want to hear the album and i do want to be surprised in a good way... it's just that the 'speed of sound' sounds like a leftover from A rush of blood... and their SNL perforamnce bored me:( ... i honestly do hope they surprise me and make me fall back in love with the band:up:

Last edited:
elevation2u said:
it's just that the 'speed of sound' sounds like a leftover from A rush of blood...

I have heard that this is actually the point... "In My Place" was the most "Parachutes-sounding" of the tracks on AROBTTH and it was the first single... now "Speed of Sound" is the most AROBTTH and it's the first single

I was also not completely thrilled with the SNL performance... but remember: this is new material which probably not a lot of people in the audience had heard... and it's not an actual Coldplay "concert" where people were there for them... they also had only two songs spaced about 1/2 hour apart... very hard to keep momentum going like that

Anyway, I'm very excited for the new stuff... I'm not sure that I want the tracks to leak. And if they do, I probably won't listen to them :)

Speed of Sound is ok. I think it needs to be judged as a song and not a single. I think it was a fairly poor choice for a single, but I think it's a great song. It's not immediate, nor overly catchy, but I think it's fairly beautiful.

'Fix You' (the second song they performed on SNL), on the other hand, is a fantastic song. The first time I heard/watched it, I only thought it was OK. But then I kept watching it over and over and every time I watched it I loved it more and more, and now I can't stop watching it and singing along!

It's gonna be huge. Especially considering that the SNL version was about 1:20 minutes shorter than the album version.

-Miggy

i see your point...
'in my place' never did anything for me it seems like the weakest song on A rush...it's the only one that bores me.... i hope this is foretelling of a good album

Last edited:
Miggy D said:

'Fix You' (the second song they performed on SNL), on the other hand, is a fantastic song. The first time I heard/watched it, I only thought it was OK. But then I kept watching it over and over and every time I watched it I loved it more and more, and now I can't stop watching it and singing along!

It's gonna be huge. Especially considering that the SNL version was about 1:20 minutes shorter than the album version.

I totally agree. :yes:

Less than two weeks :hyper:

hippy said:

I have heard that this is actually the point... "In My Place" was the most "Parachutes-sounding" of the tracks on AROBTTH and it was the first single... now "Speed of Sound" is the most AROBTTH and it's the first single

I think you may have heard that from me in a different thread!

i saw the new coldplay video the other day

it looks like they're playing in front of a generic version of the curtain of light

Back
Top Bottom