Has Gwen Stefani Gone Crazy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
It's a legitimate question.

I'm watching her dress like a Harajuku girl on SNL right now, singing her lame new single.

I miss Punky, Ska, Indiechick Gwen Stefani, not this nasty Pop imposter.

This shit truly is B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

I'm watching it too.

I've never been a fan of her solo stuff.

I can't believe this is the same woman who gave us 'Don't Speak' and 'I'm Just A Girl'.

I haven't heard any of her new stuff...but I do know that I originally hated every single off of her first CD...but then they all grew on me, and I ended up being forced by my infected brain to purchase the album.

L.A.M.B. was a great debut album, but wtf is up with this single. A string sample and yodeling do not make a single.

I don't even know what planet she's from in that SNL performance, but it's much more musically advanced than ours. So much that I don't even know what the hell is going on.

Canadiens1160 said:
I don't even know what planet she's from in that SNL performance, but it's much more musically advanced than ours. So much that I don't even know what the hell is going on.

It's those crazy Harajuku girls, I'm tellin' ya.

I loved No Doubt.. but her new persona has lost me. I find nothing in common with her now. And for her to claim in "Orange County Girl" that she hasn't changed is as redonkulous as J.Lo in "Jenny From the Block."

Will the real Gwen Stefani please stand up?

Understand, I wish her no ill will. I just.... I know we all have different sides to our personalities. But this music.. ugh. Her voice grates on me as bad as Beyonce's does.

It seems like she's trying too hard to be a phenomenon instead of just a singer. Ah, well. I only ever liked a handful of No Doubt songs, and I couldn't care less for anything off her solo albums. :shrug:

Goddamn the auto-tune on the studio version is pretty annoying, but it's still damn catchy :(

Bonochick said:
I haven't heard any of her new stuff...but I do know that I originally hated every single off of her first CD...but then they all grew on me, and I ended up being forced by my infected brain to purchase the album.

Same here.

I think Hollaback girl is much worse than Wind it up. :crack:

I finally listened to it...it's terrible! :crack: I was thinking I might like it because I :heart: The Sound Of Music so much...but all she did was taint it.

Back
Top Bottom