Has cooking become a lost art?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoIsMyMuse said:

I feel like TV personalities like Rachael Ray are really starting to revitalize an interest in cooking, in America at least. I've yet to actually make a 30 minute meal that only took 30 minutes (I average about 45 minutes), but the fact that I can make something healthy from scratch even on a weeknight is great. I wish more people would realize that if you plan ahead and keep practicing, cooking really isn't that hard.

Rachel Ray gives me a headache :( It pains me to watch 30 minute meals. I think her "cooking" shows are a big joke in general. :barf: :madwife: She needs to go to a culinary institute and get knife skill training. I'm waiting for her to chop off a finger with the way she uses her knife :tsk: :snob:

Anyway from a professional Pastry Chef to be, all I have to say is if you don't want to go out to dinner and cook at home I think that's fantastic! :)uhoh: don't tell my culinary friends at school I said that :shh: ) BUT....support your local bakeries!!!! Eat dinner at home and then go get dessert!!!!!!! :yes: Everyone loves a tasty French pastry now and again, right? :yes: Especially if it's made from locally grown, sustainable ingredients. Not only will you be supporting your Pastry Chef who will be dirt poor from going to school to learn how to make your tasty treat, but you'll be supporting your local farmers too. :reject:

I love to cook and bake! :love: My mom has shown me a lot of great recipes. It's nice and all to go out every now and then. However there are times where I just want to stay home and have something made fresh by me.

Come Christmas I will start my tradition of baking cookies that will only last for about 2 days :giggle:

Btw good job Thora! Your miso looks good :drool:

U2democrat said:
I try to avoid the kitchen when it comes to any serious cooking because I tend to set things on fire :shifty:

I can boil pasta! :happy:

That makes two of us. I can't cook. I'm proud of that fact. I managed to avoid it by doing the least possible, and burning crap whenever I could. My mother eventually took the hint and stopped trying to get me to cook anything.

Too bad my brother wasn't that smart. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom