Has Anyone Seen the New REM Vid. on VH1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2dork

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just watched the new video on VH1. The player likes to fight with my computer so I watched it in jerky motion. It's very nice, despite my viewing difficulty. Lots of 9/11 references. Very bittersweet:sigh:. It was filmed it in an airport, which of course, made me think of another video filmed in an airport.
Anyone else have any opinions on it?

Overall I liked it, except for the shots of the band playing together. They are standing so close together and strumming in unison. They really look like tools. The airport, bus and city shots are well filmed though and conveyed the tone of the song well.

I must say I am apprehensive about the album. The last two albums have been kind of dull and I am afraid this one will be too. But I am seeing them on Oct. 5 with Springsteen so that should be great.

Haven't seen the video but the song is pure milky mush..hope the album is a lot better..

I like the song, but it is not getting me excited about the album. I really want some rock right now and REM is not going to satisfy that. They supposedly removed all of the rockers for the album. It looks like U2 will have to satisfy my rock urges this year, and, hopefully the new Interpol as well.

Its interesting that U2 seem to be very reslient in their older years, while their contemporaries REM show many signs of a band running out of ideas and settling for making slow, ballad-heavy albums.. ah well, I preferred REM in the 80s to U2 anyway, they've already made about 4 classic albums!

I do like the song, but there's a lot of apprehension about the album. LNY is lacking the wow factor that a first single from an album should have.

But I'll wait til I hear the album before making my mind up.

Last edited:
smooshcat said:
I do like the song, but there's a lot of apprehension about the album. LNY is lacking the wow factor that a first single from an album should have.

But I'll wait til I hear the album before making my mind up.

I agree with everything you said here, I also agree with some of what Black Math had to say.

While I do enjoy the song, it's not exactly 'great' by any means. I've yet to see the video though, REM tends to make good videos.

i'd like to see it. is it online anywhere? I don't have tv these days

Back
Top Bottom