Has anyone seen "Hostel"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungBono

Refugee
I've heard that this movie will do for the tourist trade what JAWS did for the beach.

I've also heard that this movie really pushes the envelope in terms of sadism shown on screen and that the scenes there are some of the most disturbing ever seen on film (including both "Saws").

Needless to say, I'm DYING to see it......

too scary

You can see trailers of the film at the official Hostel site...

The trailers shown on television were sick enough.

I've read a script treatment for the movie - it touches on a potentially interesting subject, but was turned into a gross shock film for violence loving audiences.

nbcrusader said:
The trailers shown on television were sick enough.

I've read a script treatment for the movie - it touches on a potentially interesting subject, but was turned into a gross shock film for violence loving audiences.

Please don't get me wrong.....I'm not looking to satisfy any sadistic tendencies...lol. Its just that I'm a real fan of special effects and it would interest me enormously (from a production standpoint) how they pull off some of the visual effects.

I never go to horror movies for the plots - only to see how its done.

i've seen it. thought it was quite lame. no story at all. as for the disturbing scenes....they werent that bad at all. in fact, the ones from the Saw movie's bothered me more. hell, even the rape scene from Derailed bothered me more. There is a total of 2 uncomfortable minutes from Hostal, in a 90 min movie.

yeah- the movie sucked. the plot was retarded. if you can even call it a plot by the end of the movie. it wasn't scary at all, it was more gross than scary, and even then it wasnt that gross.

pretty decent overall, though far from great. a couple of scenes had a high ick-factor, but it was kids stuff compared to the passion of the christ.

Sicy said:
I really want to see this. I love scary/sick/gorey movies :reject:

Me too.

Was it more disturbing than Saw 2? Sure, that movie's plot sucked, but whoever thought of those little "games" they had to play...I mean, I wonder about the person that thought that stuff up!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Was it more disturbing than Saw 2? Sure, that movie's plot sucked, but whoever thought of those little "games" they had to play...I mean, I wonder about the person that thought that stuff up!

I think the Saw flicks were much more disturbing...and definitely much better than Hostel. I don't even care to ever see Hostel again.

I was disapointed with the C-list actors. Otherwise I thought it made you think about what could really be going on in the world.

Well I've finally seen it and I was VERY impressed by the special effects.

I truly believed the actors because, let's face it, that is how some backpackers act - just passing time between lays.....

I enjoyed the location (Czech Republic), which added to the claustrophobic atmosphere of the movie.

In short, very well done!

I liked Hostel

But I stick by my earlier post months back (Above) that The Devil's Rejects is far superior (The movie leading up to TDR is House of 1,000 Corpses is almost as good)

House of 1,000 Corpses is where you meet the family (Capt Spaulding is the best villian ever)

The Devil's Rejects is the chase to catch the family

If you thought the first one was crazy, this one is sooo out of control you may never recover. I loved every second of it. The last 10 minutes of the movie are just about the best piece of movie making I've seen.

Please tell me you'll rent it and open a thread about it. PLEASE !!:wink:

272637_Captain%20Spaulding%20Face.gif

I loved it. It is so demented, so creepy, and has lots of gore.

The ending is one of the coolest endings in cinematic history.

Back
Top Bottom