Has anyone seen "Hostel"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rent it and post a thread on it or come back to this one. I'm interested in reading your thoughts. please remember, it's gory.

Numb1075 said:
rent it and post a thread on it or come back to this one. I'm interested in reading your thoughts. please remember, it's gory.

I saw it recently. It creeped me out. It wasn't what I expected, however. I like my occasional gross-factor movie, and it was great in that sense, but a lot of it was rather boring. Not a classic horror film, but better than most I've seen.

I liked (or was most disturbed by) Wolf Creek. That one was better than the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Hostel, IMO.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I saw it recently. It creeped me out. It wasn't what I expected, however. I like my occasional gross-factor movie, and it was great in that sense, but a lot of it was rather boring. Not a classic horror film, but better than most I've seen.

did you enjoy the last 10 minutes or so of the movie? I thought it was brilliantly done....the slow motion, the music etc

Numb1075 said:

did you enjoy the last 10 minutes or so of the movie? I thought it was brilliantly done....the slow motion, the music etc

I don't remember it so I guess it didn't matter to me :reject:

Have you seen Wolf Creek? If so, how do you find it, in comparison to Hostel?

Fair enough

I enjoyed Hostel but actually fell asleep during Wolf Creek. I was told that I fell asleep just prior to all the action. I found the first 45 minutes dull.:shrug:

Numb1075 said:

I enjoyed Hostel but actually fell asleep during Wolf Creek. I was told that I fell asleep just prior to all the action. I found the first 45 minutes dull.:shrug:

It is dull at first, but I liked it that way b/c you're like "wait, is this going to be scary?...." and then it's sooooo disturbing.

Numb1075 said:
maybe I'll catch the 2nd half sometime.

disturbing is fun

It may have been more disturbing to me because of the whole rape fantasy thing the guy had going on. I don't know if that has the same effect on guys.

Numb1075 said:
rape is disgusting for the avg male also.

True, but I guess what I meant is that the movie was disturbing to me because it actually made me scared. I was scared of strangers, men I didn't know :reject:

*itsjustamovieitsjustamovie.....*

Back
Top Bottom