Has Anyone Here Seen Doves In Concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm seeing them on Oct. 4th, in Vancouver (at the Commodore, which is a really cool venue for anyone who cares;)), and I was wondering what their live performance is like? Are they as good live as they are on record? Even if they're half as good live, it'll still be amazing. Just curious. Thanks.

DOVES!! YAY!

:wave:

I saw them in both Philly and DC in June and am going to see them in Philly on the 15th and then in Norwich, England on December 1st. Next to U2, they are the best live band I've seen. They have the BEST first and last songs ("Pouding" as the opener and "Spaceface" as the encore). I've heard some people say they didn't like them live, so I don't know if I was just INCREDIBLY lucky or what, but I thought they were amazing, and can't wait to see them again. :heart:

I've heard very mixed reviews about the opening act this time around, though. Apparently it's "My Morning Jacket." They're from Kentucky....:shifty:

I haven't seen them yet....BUT I'M GONNA SEE THEM SATURDAY!!! WOOOHOOOO!!! :D :D :D

Can you tell I'm excited? To answer your question, the person I'm going with (Ali Rose) went to see them earlier this year. She basically just went because she wanted to see Elbow, who was opening for them, so she knew not a whit about Doves. Even not knowing anything about them or any of their songs, she was, as she describes it, totally blown away by the Doves' performance. I seriously can't wait to see them.

I saw them in Chicago in July, and thought the show was pretty good. Nothing on the level of U2, but they sound very good in general. Worth seeing.

I also have seen them a couple of times and will be seeing them again soon....they are amazing, in my opinion. I totally agree about the opening and closing songs being fantastic. :yes: It is really a great show. :D

i saw them in byron bay (oz) a month or so ago. from what i remember ;) there were tops!

I am thinking about seeing them on the 15th...

thinking very hard indeed. this is hard to resist. no,sorry i havent seen em yet Michael.

Back
Top Bottom