Has anyone here been bitten by a ghost?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
Errr... Well... How about see one? Or heard one? Or gave cheese squiggles to, or something like that.

My parents always tell me a story about me when I was like 4

Im gonna make it really short cus Im lazy

• I was in my room playing
  • My Dad was in the bathroom
  • He heard me talking
  • He thought I was talking to someone cause he said I paused as if someone was answering me
  • He came in and said "Who are you talking to?"
  • I said I was talking to my Granda (he died when I was 6 months old) but it was okay cus he was away to the pub for a pint
  • It freaked my Dad out cus my mum and dad never said pub or pint to me
  • I just fell asleep after I talked to my Dad so I dunno if I ever really saw my Granda or not
  • :shrug:

while i was in Ireland, I had a ghost visit me several times in the guest house I was staying in. i also have pictures that i took of that guest house that have odd looking images in them which cannot be explained.

my uncle had a ghost leave a bruise on his rib cage one night while staying in a old hotel in Mexico. he was sleeping and was woken up by something grabbing him. he did not see anything but felt something holding on to him tight. he eventually jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom and saw a red hand print and scratches on his body that were fresh. the next day he and my aunt asked the hotel clerks about the hotel and they confirmed that the place is haunted, they checked out of the hotel that afternoon.

my brother's house is haunted by 3 or 4 Confederate Civil War Soldiers. just found this out the other day. :huh:

i believe i have been visited by my grandfather's ghost who warned me about my aunt's health and wellbeing several months before she suffered her strokes. :|

i have also seen ghosts of slaves working on a dirt road in South Georgia with their slave master watching over them. that sighting scared the hell out of me.

One time......................
when I was little.....................................

I dressed up as a ghost for Halloween!!!

I lived in a haunted house in South Florida up until I was 15. It was terrifying. I'll come back and go into detail later..

Ever since then, I can feel when a spirit is around, or look at a house and tell "something" is "wrong" with it.

My mom and I were staying in this rather run-down hotel in Nottingham. The room was in an L shape, with one bed near the door and the other bed around the corner. That was my bed. The wallpaper on the sloped ceiling was starting to separate from the ceiling, so it hung down slightly. In my dream, I could see my mom coming toward me, and then she poked me hard on my right shoulder, almost on my chest. I woke up. No one was there, but I could still feel the poke. I decided that it must have been a piece of the wallpaper falling and hitting me. When one is awakened in the middle of the night, one frequently needs to pee. I was no exception, so I went to the door of our room to go down the hall. My mom, who was sleeping in the bed by the door, said "What are you doing?" I said "Going to the bathroom." She said (cue spooky music) "Did you just poke me?" I said "No; I thought you poked me!"

Yes, boys and girls, we had been poked at the same time, in the same place on our bodies!

:wave:

Back in the early 90's, we rented a house from my then-boss. Before we moved in, the receptionist at work told us not to move in because bad things happened there. We thought she was a loony old lady and took the house anyway.

It was a nice place but, everyone who sat by the fireplace in the back room told us they got a chill and didn't like sitting there. The first night we lived there, out toilet flushed by itself but I thought it was just screwy plumbing. My stepson also complained over and over gain that he heard someone walking around his room at night. We lived there for about a year until we bought a house.

While it was vacant, my boss asked me if I would do a walk through with a priest who was going to bless the house before she rented it out again. She was too scared to do it because she also felt bad things in the 2 rooms I mentioned. I didn't tell the priest anything about where I felt uneasy and my boss says she didn't mention it ahead of time.

We started walking through, room by room and when we got to the back room, he told me that there was some "negative energy" in that area and it needed to be blessed...and he concentrated his blessing near the fireplace :ohmy: I was ready to run out the door but I kept going with him. When we got to my stepson's bedroom, he asked me "has anyone felt a presence in this area?" Up until then, I had been pretty skeptical about this kind of thing but I felt the hair on my neck stand up when he said that. :ohmy:

I think Kilmainham Gaol is a really spooky place to go

I think our house is haunted because the back door keeps being unlocked and nobody uses it and I always think there is someone wwearing a white t-shirt at the front foor and there is never anybody there :shrug:

Bono's American Wife said:
Back in the early 90's, we rented a house from my then-boss. Before we moved in, the receptionist at work told us not to move in because bad things happened there. We thought she was a loony old lady and took the house anyway.

It was a nice place but, everyone who sat by the fireplace in the back room told us they got a chill and didn't like sitting there. The first night we lived there, out toilet flushed by itself but I thought it was just screwy plumbing. My stepson also complained over and over gain that he heard someone walking around his room at night. We lived there for about a year until we bought a house.

While it was vacant, my boss asked me if I would do a walk through with a priest who was going to bless the house before she rented it out again. She was too scared to do it because she also felt bad things in the 2 rooms I mentioned. I didn't tell the priest anything about where I felt uneasy and my boss says she didn't mention it ahead of time.

We started walking through, room by room and when we got to the back room, he told me that there was some "negative energy" in that area and it needed to be blessed...and he concentrated his blessing near the fireplace :ohmy: I was ready to run out the door but I kept going with him. When we got to my stepson's bedroom, he asked me "has anyone felt a presence in this area?" Up until then, I had been pretty skeptical about this kind of thing but I felt the hair on my neck stand up when he said that. :ohmy:

Char, i am waiting for the rest of this story. did anything happen while the Priest was blessing the house?

my uncle had his house blessed soon after they moved in, because one night while he and his wife were asleep they heard a voice calling my Uncles name. he got up went down stairs thinking it was a burglar but discovered there was no-one else in the house. the next morning he and his wife had a priest come over to bless the house. my Uncle apparently attracts ghosts. :der:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Char, i am waiting for the rest of this story. did anything happen while the Priest was blessing the house?

my uncle had his house blessed soon after they moved in, because one night while he and his wife were asleep they heard a voice calling my Uncles name. he got up went down stairs thinking it was a burglar but discovered there was no-one else in the house. the next morning he and his wife had a priest come over to bless the house. my Uncle apparently attracts ghosts. :der:

Nothing really happened, he just confirmed that he felt something in both rooms we had "experiences" in. After he was done, I got the hell out of there and went back to work and told my boss what happened, which freaked her out of course. She rented it to some other people a few weeks later and apparently they had no problems because they ended up buying the house.

I did find out that a few people had died in the house in the early 1940's, natural deaths though, not murder or anything. And the original owners had a lot of parties in the back room where the fireplace was...maybe the spirits just wanted to party with us?

stitch.gif

martha said:
I got poked by a ghost in Nottingham. I'll come back later and tell about it when the cold in my eye isn't so gross and icky. :|

:ohmy:

Nottingham, England?

Or is there another Nottingham I don't know about? :shrug:

Oooh....where was it??? I'm moving there in September.

We used to go to old Civil War sites in the middle of the night when I was in college. We trespassed sometimes and once we thought the police were driving down the road, so we jumped in the ditch. It turned out to be a car on the main road that just looked like it was turning onto the private road. :der:

Back
Top Bottom