has anyone heard this band called clinic? this is some freaky shit brother diamond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
and anyone else reading this, are these guys serious or what??? does anyone know anything about them? their music sounds like acid tablets dripping thru the back of a scattering nebulous of a mind (not that I have any fucking clue what that means, but it sounded like some cool shit to say about them)

any info is generously taken into consideration, thank you.

Coincidence! I just downloaded their album last night. wacky stuff, I must say. I dig some of it, the rest may yet grow on me. Don't really know anything about them except that they have 2 albums and have been around for less than 5 years as far as i can tell.

I love Distortions by them... great song.

ive read that theyre radioheads radiohead. as in theyve recieved radioheads blessings.

that alone would make me interested in them.

i know nothing of them, are they like boards of canada? do they even play guitars or do they treat them the way sigur ros does?

see wanderer i brought forth more questions than answers. i too am very curious about them.

so then skeek, do explain further!

------------------
-deathbear

good one SkeeK, I heard about them a few weeks ago, haven't seen their cd anywhere, supposedly have a new one out, I assume these are the songs I have been downloading, Spin or some other magazine I forget, gave them a stunning review last month

and oh yes, I agree completely about "distortions"

the lyrics are fucking wild in these songs...

what I'm hearing sounds as close to Kid A as anything else I've heard, but with eerie harmonicas floating thru them, lots of bass, some distorted guitars... it's like Kid A with more attention to guitars, but no predictable sequences

there is this nervous energy in their music/songs that is very unsettling, and the lyrics only perpetuate that

I'm a big fan of Clinic. Both of their cds are very good (I haven't heard all of the Walking With Thee album though). I love the story of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs girl getting in trouble for trying to steal their masks.
smile.gif
But, anyway, I highly recommend their cds. They're both really short (around 30 minutes), but very good.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

after nearly 3 weeks of listening off and on to their 2 albums, I must say I like their music, but have to be in a certain kind of mood to really get into it

i almost bought one of their albums yesterday but i couldn't decide which one to get so i bought the hives instead. which one would you recommend wanderer?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom