Has Anyone Ever Listened to 'Zaireeka'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
If you don't know what it is, Zaireeka is a 4-CD Flaming Lips album meant to be played at the same time on 4 different CD players.

I've been looking for a place to download a combined, stereo version but have not found it.

So I'm considering buying it, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

What do you think?

I found the stereo mixdown version, it's basically The Soft Bulletin on acid, if that's even possible.

It's a good deal of fun if you can get the people together to make it happen...but in my experience, that's been a pretty big if. I've owned the album for five or six years, and I've only listened to it "for real" twice. The real disappointment, of course, is that the music just isn't all that spectacular.

A grand idea, yes, and I'm proud to have purchased it because I think it's an ideological, if not practical, masterpiece. If you're on the fence, though, then stick with the Ben Folds-created composite track. It's the way to go, if you don't know how to take the whole thing in.

In a way, it just made me yearn to hear the Parking Garage Experiments that much more, you know?

Not worthed.:down: The songs are not even that good, plus it takes a lot of effort and equipment to get it to sound right:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom