Has anyone ever been to Istanbul?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikesimus

Babyface
The reason I ask this, is that I have recently become very interested in Byzantine/Turkish history and culture as of late. I am planning on going on vacation to Europe next year for a few months, and I would love to go down to Istanbul/Constantinople for awhile. I would really like to see famous buildings like the Sultan's palaces and churches like Hagia Sophia. Has anyone here ever been to this city? Is there a relatively cheap way to get there from Europe? Im planning on buying a Eurorail pass and travel to many countries, but I dont think that Turkey is covered in that. Thanks for any information.

Originally posted by Mikesimus:
The reason I ask this, is that I have recently become very interested in Byzantine/Turkish history and culture as of late. I am planning on going on vacation to Europe next year for a few months, and I would love to go down to Istanbul/Constantinople for awhile. I would really like to see famous buildings like the Sultan's palaces and churches like Hagia Sophia. Has anyone here ever been to this city? Is there a relatively cheap way to get there from Europe? Im planning on buying a Eurorail pass and travel to many countries, but I dont think that Turkey is covered in that. Thanks for any information.

Istanbul, the Constantinople?

CK TMBG

i have a friend in turkey right now, but hes not in istanbul. from what ive heard of turkey is that things are very nice, AND very cheap.

------------------
-deathbear

Back
Top Bottom