Has anyone been to Gambia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
It looks like I will be going to Gambia next year, for at least one week but possibly longer. Does anyone have any tips for things I should do/excursions I should take?

I'm a bit nervous about the visa issue, since I'm applying for British citizenship next month, but it might be cutting it close to hope to have my UK passport by then. :(

would you be applying as an american or british citizen?

i've never been to africa, though i can tell you that i'm feverishly trying to find a job in england for september. not that i'm stalking you or anything... :angry:

Zoomerang96 said:
would you be applying as an american or british citizen?

i've never been to africa, though i can tell you that i'm feverishly trying to find a job in england for september. not that i'm stalking you or anything... :angry:

I won't need a visa if f I have my UK passport by then (yay, British empire!). However, if I can't get a UK passport in time, I'll need a visa as an American.

Where in England? What type of job?

as i found out once again today, the so-called "british empire" really isn't what it used to be. bugger.
i figured i had enough documentation and what not to get me in, but it turns out the only way i'll get in is a direct transfer from the job itself.
the jobs exist all over england and scotland, london, kent, birmingham, glasgow, etc.
i might have to wait a couple more years for that to happen.
does the american government have any trouble with you holding both uk and american citizenship?

i WILL move one day just wait and see. ha.

Hi, I`ve been to the Gambia loads of times. Infact I`ve booked to go for 2 weeks in March 2009 (3rd - 17th). I usually stay at the Atlantic Hotel in Banjul - great hotel and friendly staff who remember you from previous visits. People either love the Gambia or hate it - just remember its a third world country with great divides between the rich and poor, much coruption, but some real genuine people. Also nice beaches and good weather - thats why I go!

I've been to Mt. Gambia.

s_img_7766_merged.JPG

:reject:

Pamelakellett said:
Hi, I`ve been to the Gambia loads of times. Infact I`ve booked to go for 2 weeks in March 2009 (3rd - 17th). I usually stay at the Atlantic Hotel in Banjul - great hotel and friendly staff who remember you from previous visits. People either love the Gambia or hate it - just remember its a third world country with great divides between the rich and poor, much coruption, but some real genuine people. Also nice beaches and good weather - thats why I go!

We're staying at Ngala Lodge for a week (my inlaws are paying for the trip and have stayed there in the past), but my husband and I might stay for a few more days somewhere else.

I'm not at all a beach person, so I hope I can find enough things to do away from the ocean!

Back
Top Bottom