Has anybody seen INXS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the new line-up after the whole TV singer-search is disrespectful to Michael...I would NEVER give my money to this outfit. Sorry Farris brothers.

I was wondering this myself. I did not watch the TV show, because I thought there'd be no way to replace Michael--but my friend burned me a copy of the new disc and I actually really like it. I liked it better than the new Depeche Mode everyone has been raving about.

I think if they come here I'd go to the show.....

I have to confess, I heard the new single and I kind of like it. :shifty: It will never be the original INXS again obviously but it might be interesting. They would have to come right to where I live though to even consider going to see them. I wouldnt travel to Detroit or anything to see them. :shrug:

zoney! said:
I think the new line-up after the whole TV singer-search is disrespectful to Michael...I would NEVER give my money to this outfit. Sorry Farris brothers.

:applaud: I'm with Zoney on this.

I saw them at Gibson Amp. They were very good. (I have seen them with Hutch too)

I did see Affa (The bass player for the U2 cover band Exit) at the show as well.

In my opinion, I was appalled that they even tried to replace Michael Hutchence. I saw them twice and they were definately one of my top 5 bands. I miss Michael.:(

I saw the old INXS in the 1980s. I loved it.

I haven't followed this new incarnation, but i don't think we should bash them.

I mean didn;t Queen try to do something without Freddie Mercury? Haven't lots of bands continued? Even REM goes on without Bill Berry, and he's still alive. (Although I hear the full REM played one show at a wedding).

Anu

As I recall, AC/DC has done alright after their original lead singer died.

I don't care for the new music thus far, and I don't expect to see them in concert, but who knows what will happen.

i saw them last night and really enjoyed myself. it did kinda seem a bit tribute bandish but i think b/c i never seen them before i could watch the new incarnation of them without feeling let down.

Anu said:
I saw the old INXS in the 1980s. I loved it.

I haven't followed this new incarnation, but i don't think we should bash them.

I mean didn;t Queen try to do something without Freddie Mercury? Haven't lots of bands continued? Even REM goes on without Bill Berry, and he's still alive. (Although I hear the full REM played one show at a wedding).

Anu

What Queen and REM did is quite different from INXS. They didn't try to replace one of their members via reality TV and turn the process into a media circus.

I saw the old INXS when I was 13, in Toronto. They were mesmerizing. I still have a tour shirt from the show--which I never wore, for some reason.

I guess I wish the new band luck, but I can honestly say, if they were to come here, I'd take a pass.

You're not allowed to say that, DignityPassesBy! Some twat will march in here and sprout a bunch of irrelevant reasons why disliking this entire concept is not fair. But they can all fuck off. It is a dreadful exercise of titanic proportions.

DignityPassesBy said:
The thing that really annoyed me was that the singer they replaced him with wasn't australian and they're an australian band

That feeling actually does strike me as odd, but I've never really felt a strong connection to nationality or ethnicity, so perhaps that's why. I mean I remember when all the kids in grade school would be so proud of being of Irish, English, Dutch, German, Italian, etc., descent (it was a small rural area, we didn't have a lot of diversity), and I didn't have a clue...or care for that matter. I still don't. I know my ancestors were european, but I don't care exactly where in europe.

So yeah, it does seem weird to me to be upset because the new guy isn't Australian.

:shrug:

You know, I'm not sure even in their heyday that I knew where they were from... :hmm:

We're awfully possessive about our bands, I think. We get very proud of any international success and I reckon it stems from the fact that we are so isolated in general. It's like 'wow, America paid attention!'. We take the band's success kinda personally, lol. Look at us and the Kiwis arguing about Crowded House. They might have it even worse than us with their Crowdies and Dave Dobbin.
:hmm:

ok, I'm joking. But crap that was a great song :lol:

Back
Top Bottom