Harry Potter - WARNING - READ ONLY IF FINISHED BOOK 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Destiny can mean death......I believe she mentions that Harry's life ends..and the series would end. To me, it makes no sense as from what I read she hasn't started book 7 yet......and to me it's like ending something before it has even begun.

A better strategy would be just to start writing and see where the road leads instead of plotting a destination.

carol
wizard2c
:|

She's already written the final chapter. She wrote it a long time ago, to give her a goal of sorts, something achievable. Plus, it's his last year at Hogwarts (and I do believe he will go back, all the books go by "year one at Hogwarts, year two, ect."). But you never know. She could extend the series, write spin-offs, ect.

at least we'll always have fanfiction :wink: like the great one my friend and I "wrote" involving Bono as Lupin :D

As for the sixth book, I thought it was quite good...the best? I'm not sure. But I don't think it was the worst. It was very well done.

Sorry about that...I meant Rowling instead of Rowland {guess my mind was in South Texas when I made that mistake}.

So you're saying she's already written the final chapter of book 7 but not the previous chapters yet?

carol
wizard2c

I think we all no what will happen, Harrywilll fight he who will notr be named, then as they fight to the death, the true hero will kill He who must not be named, of course it is Neville, who will do it, well it could happen, be a good twist

I'm afraid to say it quite possible Neville will be the one to kill Voldemort. Several clues lead to it :huh:

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Destiny can mean death......I believe she mentions that Harry's life ends..and the series would end. To me, it makes no sense as from what I read she hasn't started book 7 yet......and to me it's like ending something before it has even begun.

A better strategy would be just to start writing and see where the road leads instead of plotting a destination.

carol
wizard2c

What?!? It has always been planned as 7 years/7 books. Meeting his destiny just means confronting Voldemort, I have no idea where you are getting death from, although it is a possibility. Have you ever read a fantasy series where the ending is not in sight? It isn't pretty. (I'm looking right at you, Robert Jordan).

schnazdoodle said:
I know what snogging is - but there's been a lot of 'shipper' usage - what does that mean??

It's not in the above dictionary - and I've heard it used a lot lately (Shippers hope this...Shippers want that...)

"Shipper" is the fanfiction term for fans who want to see a relationship between two characters.

Last edited:
Re: Re: reply

bsp77 said:

Have you ever read a fantasy series where the ending is not in sight? It isn't pretty. (I'm looking right at you, Robert Jordan).

The first four WOT books are great. Then.... ugh.... Rand uses the bathroom. In excruciating detail. Let's cut to Nynaeve braiding her hair... in the dream world... in excruciating detail... back to Rand on the john...

Re: Re: Re: reply

UnforgettableLemon said:

The first four WOT books are great. Then.... ugh.... Rand uses the bathroom. In excruciating detail. Let's cut to Nynaeve braiding her hair... in the dream world... in excruciating detail... back to Rand on the john...

Just in case you still care. The 11th book comes out on October and they are saying it is the next to last, so it might end after all. Despite some of the tedium, I really want to read the last book.

I don't think that Half-Blood Prince will feel dated because of terrorism type activity. This is always a relevant concern for people.

"Shipper" is the fanfiction term for fans who want to see a relationship between two characters.

What do you mean by relationship? Like romance and love? I try to understand Harry's character as best that I can......but I am truly not that involved in the Harry Potter scheme of things.

Just finished the book a few hours ago.

All I have to say is Wow. Maybe I'm blind, but I never thought Dumbledore would be the one to die. (I'm actually sort of relieved, I was afraid she was going to kill off Ron.) I'm even more shocked that it was Snape who did it. I never doubted that Snape was on the side of the Order, mostly because Dumbledore didn't. The more Harry became convinced Snape was up to no good, the more sure I was that he would turn out to be wrong.

I still don't think he's truly on Voldy's side. It just wouldn't be right for Dumbledore to die because he made a mistake. In the death scene, it said for the the first time Dumbledore was pleading. He wasn't concerned about death when confronted by Malfoy or the other Death Eaters, but suddenly he was pleading with Snape. I think he was begging Snape to kill him, although I have no clue why. It could be that he needed Snape to keep his Unbreakable Vow in order to prove himself to the Death Eaters...still that seems like a minor thing to sacrifice yourself for, doesn't it?

That's an interesting theory that R.A.B was Sirius's brother, that makes loads of sense. I hadn't thought of that, and it was killing me to know who those initials stood for.

I also think that Neville will play some role in eventually doing in Voldy in. Ron and Hermione are just there as his friends, but I think there must be a reason that Neville has so many parallels with Harry and is becoming more important to the plot as it progresses. It's too much of a coincidence and I think it'd be a waste of a character if he turned out not to be important in any particular way.

/dorky rant

I was sceptical before (and the 6th still has nothing on the 3rd book), but now I'm really hyped for the 7th! :hyper:

bsp77 said:
I don't think that Half-Blood Prince will feel dated because of terrorism type activity. This is always a relevant concern for people.

I agree. Terrorism has been going on for a long time, for many different causes. Even if we manage to win this War on Terror, there will be more terrorist groups in the future. :(

I agree w/ several of you that Dumbledore was pleaing for Snape to kill him, rather than pleaing for Snape not to kill him. The look of hatred on Snape's face could have been that he was hating himself for having to kill Dumbledore.

Either that or we all like Snape so much we really can't except he's on the other side. :wink:

I've been wondering about this look of hatred on his face (and whether it has any importance). I can't figure it out exactly. Maybe it's just him hating himself for having to do it, or hating Dumbledore for making him do it. I mean, Dumbledore didn't have his wand, so he couldn't have silently performed a spell to make Snape hate him for some reason.

I don't think I could accept that Snape's really on the other side. :no: Not really cos I care about him, but because it would've meant Dumbledore was really killed against his will, by an enemy, that it wasn't part of his ingenious plan, that he was really defeated or outdone in the end. I just can't accept that. :sad:

7th book :hyper:

more to hint snape was acting on dumbledore's orders...why was dumbledore so insistent that Harry get Snape when he was injured? not Madam P-something or anyone else, he only wanted Snape. also there was that time Hagrid mentioned that Dumbledore and Snape were having an argument about something and Snape was saying he "didn't want to do it anymore." :hmm:

/more dorky thoughts

I completely forgot about Hagrid mentioning that. Do you happen to know in the book that was mentioned? I don't wanna have to go searching through all 650 pages. :huh:

it's in the chapter called Elf Tails, page 405 in my copy.

also...Dumbledore completely trusted Snape, yet when Snape walked into the room he immediately started pleading. if he trusted him, he wouldn't be pleading for his life, he'd think snape was there to save him until he gave him a reason to think otherwise. unless he was pleading him to kill him.

and when harry called him a coward, she didn't describe him as being angry or scared, but pained. and before leaving he told harry that he wouldn't succeed in blocking spells until he learned to "keep your mouth shut and your mind closed."

Last edited:
I dont know that Dumbledore DID completely trust Snape in that, Dumbledore is the wisest and most clever of certainly the 2 of them, and arguably in the entire wizarding world - yet, Dumbledore appointed him the job of Defence Against the Dark Arts knowing full well that no teacher has ever lasted in that role for more than a year since Riddle left, and along with that, also took his first real opportunity to learn Harry on the history of Riddle/Voldemort and educate him in order to help Harry eventually beat him. I wonder if in some yet undisclosed way, Dumbledore (knowing that he was bloody old and it would soon enough be the end regardless) knew that the year's end would see most likely Dumbledore's own end/retirement/incapacitation, Snape's coming to a crossroads (in choosing alliance fully with the Order, or fully with Voldemort), Harry coming of age and finally taking on the job of the Chosen One and thus taking Voldemort out or begining the process fully...

A lot of things dont add up. I know there are holes in my latest theory, but there seems to be holes in nearly everything. Some glaring. Slytherin produces more Dark wizards than any of the other houses. Snape is tied to this house in more than just the role of Head of House.

I think Malfoy will take on interesting developments as the next book progresses. His bidding to a Dark Lord who has absolutely no interest in saving his father will come to a head, as Malfoy has already shown he lacks the gumption needed to be one of Voldemort's true right hands'. His mother is also causing him to get torn between loyalties.

:hmm:

I'm re-reading the 5th one (my least favorite) and the 4th one (my 2nd favorite) to see if there is anything important I might have missed or forgotten. Like what someone posted about Sirius's brother earlier.

Just 2 curious things:

I've just saw the Chamber of Secrets again (DVD), and here's what I found interesting:

1. When Harry is talking with Dumbledore (his last scene with him on his office) there's one part where you can see a paint of Dumbledore in the back of his seat (maybe revealing that he was going to die on book 6)...

So, maybe on the other movies there are clues of what's going to happen on book 7...

2. When Lucius gave a sock to Dobby, and is about to curse Harry... I think that Lucius said "AVADA" before Dobby attacks him...

Just my 2 cents :)

I went right back last night and watched The Philosophers Stone again, and remembered another forgotten thing which was Voldemort couldn't touch Harry while Dumbledore was alive. It made me wonder if Snape really has joined them and killed Dumbledore knowing it was the only way Voldemort could then turn the tables a bit and come after Harry instead of always defending himself.
I'm clutching at straws now. I need to re-read the whole series.

I too am almost certain that Snape is still on the side of the order. He made the unbreakable vow, which would have killed him if had not killed Dumbledore (and we don't know that he even knew what he was promising to do when he made the vow, he was just trying to gain the trust of Bellatrix and Mrs Malfoy).

Also, by killing Dumbledore Snape saved Draco from having to go through with it and forever being a murderer--as well as saving the Malfoy family from Voldemort's vengence if Draco didn't do it. Perhaps Dumbledore found out about Draco's assasination plan and told Snape that when the time came, he should do it instead, as it would also show Voldemort that Snape could be trusted.

My biggest (and obvious) prediction for book 7....Snape is killed saving Harry (or others) from Voldemort. And for God's sake, please make Dolores Umbridge a Death Eater. I just hate her character so much, she put an unforgivable curse on Harry and sent Dementors on him and she only gets beat up by centaurs? Seriously, that woman needs to be taught a lesson.

Back
Top Bottom