Harry Potter Theme Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiger Edge

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Harry Potter theme park headed to Fla.

By JIM ELLIS, Associated Press Writer 2 hours, 22 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. - Universal Orlando Resort is opening a
Harry Potter theme park that will let fans visit many of the iconic locations in the books and movies that endeared the boy magician to millions.

"The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" is set to open at Universal's Islands of Adventure theme park in late 2009, complete with the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade village.

"The plans I've seen look incredibly exciting, and I don't think fans of the books or films will be disappointed," said author
J.K. Rowling, who has been working with a creative team to make sure the park resembles the books and films.

More than a dozen artists lead by Stuart Craig, the production designer of the movies, have set up house in the studio where the movies are being filmed to make sure every detail is considered, said Scott Trowbridge of Universal.

"We're really going to the people who know this world best to ensure that level of authenticity," he said.

The park will let visitors view the famed locations in Rowling's magical world, like Dumbledore's office in Hogwarts and the shops in Hogsmeade. Some locations may be in upcoming books, Trowbridge said.

Many tourists outside the theme park said the experience would boost its appeal to a younger audience.

"I'd go to Universal before I would Disney World to go on a Harry Potter ride," said 15-year-old Alex Moran, who was visiting Orlando from Pleasant Hill, Mo.

Brandon Wilson, another 15 year old from Pleasant Hill, said he can't get enough of Harry Potter. He has read every book and watched every movie.

"I hope we get to simulate flying like Harry Potter," Wilson said.

Trowbridge said while there would not be any character lookalikes at the park, fans wanting to see Harry Potter and his magical friends wouldn't leave disappointed.

"This is Harry's world," said Trowbridge. "Most every fan wants to have an encounter with the star of the show."

The Harry Potter book series has been translated into 65 languages with more than 325 million copies sold in over 200 territories around the world.

The fifth film in the series, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," will be released in theaters July 13 by Warner Bros. The seventh and final book of the series will be released July 21.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070531/ap_en_mo/harry_potter_park

:evil: This is most exciting news considering Orlando is only 3 hours north of where I live.
Islands of Adventure is the best theme park in the whole state anyway. So this will just solidify it. :up:

:lol:

Something cool happening in Florida, yes :up:

Year I graduate and will probably movie, boo :down:

I wanna play some Quidditch, bitches

You know you can't leave Florida. There's something about this place.
The hurricanes, the rising property taxes, the unreliable voting machines... :heart:

I'm probably going to Florida State anyway, so I guess I won't really be leaving.

I'll just have to travel through Gainesville :barf: to get back to Orlando, which is the equivalent of Indy crossing the bridge over the croc-infested river in Temple of Doom.

I found some of the concept art for the park;

_42990417_gall_hog.jpg

Hogswarts

hogsmeade.jpg

Hogsmeade

I thought it'd be a really poor idea, but it might work out okay :shrug:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm probably going to Florida State anyway, so I guess I won't really be leaving.

I'll just have to travel through Gainesville :barf: to get back to Orlando, which is the equivalent of Indy crossing the bridge over the croc-infested river in Temple of Doom.

a lot of you people are much younger than i thought!

anyway, pla speaks truth, islands of adventure is teh bestest. orlando is such a random spot, really in the middle of florida. so it is great that the themeparks are there.

i think it is about friggin time we had an hp theme park!

PlaTheGreat said:
You know you can't leave Florida. There's something about this place.
The hurricanes, the rising property taxes, the unreliable voting machines... :heart:

rip currents, love bugs, droughts . . . and yet we can't leave :shifty:

I wonder where in the park they are going to put it :hmm:. Islands is the best looking park definitely. The design of that place is amazing :yes:.

FitzChivalry said:

I keep forgetting: is that the date for Book 7 or Movie 5??? :scratch:

Regardless, I need to get going within the next few weeks on re-reading Half-Blood Prince.

Deathly Hallows. :hyper:

the book :hyper: i think the movie comes out a little before this book date.

This and now Billy Donovan is coach of the Magic, can Florida be having the Best Week Ever?

Back
Top Bottom