Harry Potter predictions! - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #121
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:44 AM
the whole thing

Old 07-16-2007, 03:53 PM   #122
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 07-16-2007, 04:06 PM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

I haven't seen it on the news yet. Fortunately I do have willpower, and I could actually use the kick in the butt to get off of HP message boards and do my real job, which I will do if I think the ending is compromised. I would hope posters in this thread and on interference would have enough integrity to avoid discussing leaks, or start a new thread clearly warning about it. I'm afraid to even see how it was leaked for fear of seeing what the leak is.

Really, if I got ahold of it early, I'd certainly read it and treasure it just as I will 5 days from now, but I wouldn't show off - I wouldn't want to spoil it.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

But, I think it's under control:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3058553.shtml

Quote:
But now some details may have leaked out. On Friday, The-Leaky-Cauldron.org, a fan site received what appear to be actual pages, says Melissa Anelli, the site's webmaster.

"Somebody scanned the first pages of several chapters and the summary of the book and just sent them to us, knowing full well our policy on spoilers, how we don't want them."

Anelli refused to post the pages and immediately turned them over to the publisher.

"It's our job to act as Scholastic's sentries. To act as sentries for her publishers and help stop this from happening," she says.
That's why I can still visit leaky - They act as my filter! I'll know that it was leaked, possibly how, and where not to look to avoid being spoiled.

BUt if anyone finds a shop doing this
http://www.dailyindia.com/show/15688...e-leaked-early
do let me know!! I just want to find out what happens in the full context of the plot, exactly as JK has meant me to find it out.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:09 PM   #125
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:44 PM
D'oh......may be time to abandon this thread and all other online HP references....
Old 07-17-2007, 09:16 AM   #126
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo
D'oh......may be time to abandon this thread and all other online HP references....
I'm jumping ship today.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

scholastic filed a subpoena, looks like it's for real

I am staying away from all non-official news sources (the new york times or bbc if they post spoilers will link off their front page for them) except leaky, which is filtering for me... interference is making me nervous too, maybe it's best if I get off.... hey then I might actually do work at work!
Old 07-17-2007, 11:55 AM   #128
New Yorker

Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
I would hope posters in this thread and on interference would have enough integrity to avoid discussing leaks, or start a new thread clearly warning about it. I'm afraid to even see how it was leaked for fear of seeing what the leak is.

Really, if I got ahold of it early, I'd certainly read it and treasure it just as I will 5 days from now, but I wouldn't show off - I wouldn't want to spoil it.

I whole heartdly agree. I would hate it if anyone would spoil this for anyone else. That is not why I started this thread. I, like everyone else, want to read through the entire book and find out all the answers and mysteries on my own; NOT having someone spoil it.

Unfortunetly, there are people out there that do that, in fact I've been afraid of the one jerk who will be in the book store at midnight on Friday and read the ending chapter and then announce it to the entire store. I certainly hope I'm wrong in having so little faith in society, but we'll have to see.

I've actually thought about asking this thread to be closed off on Friday and maybe re-open it in a few weeks just so we can comment on who was wrong or who was right on their predictions, but again, I don't want to tempt anyone in spoiling it for anyone else.

side note--UTOO---I love your signature!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awsome!!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #129
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiki

Unfortunetly, there are people out there that do that, in fact I've been afraid of the one jerk who will be in the book store at midnight on Friday and read the ending chapter and then announce it to the entire store. I certainly hope I'm wrong in having so little faith in society, but we'll have to see.
As I'm picking up the book solo, and arriving on the late side so will be back in line with plenty of potential rats in front, I will be wearing headphones at full blast to avoid hearing anything. I'm trying to decide on a U2 playlist, so far my only ideas are:

Peace on Earth (which I suspect I will turn to if one of the trio dies)
Kite

what else? I'm sure some stuff off Boy should be on there.

As for this thread/discussing book 7, I'm a fast reader though I don't know if I will want to put it down and prolong it. Either way my strategy will be to avoid the internet until I am done, and after that I will want to talk/analyze as much as possible. I think we should start a new thread for reactions to the book with a clear title so everyone knows that if they click, they will be exposed to book 7's plot. "Discussion of harry potter 7 (spoilers!)" or something.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #130
New Yorker

I agree with what you said about that as well. The title has to have it in there that it is about book 7 and there are details in the thread. That way no one can get pissed about it and the rest of us know to stay away from it until we've finished and dried our eyes. I'm betting I'll cry even if it's 3 death eaters that die.....well not crying for them, but because the book will be done.

Anyway, another thought's been nagging at me lately about a direction JK could possibly go in. What if it ends with Harry all grown up and telling this story to his and Ginny's teenage kids.......or what if he wakes up and it's all been a freaky ass dream and Lily and James come in and wake him up?

Now I HIGHLY doubt JK would end in such a way or with that......maybe drab(?) of a twist. But just a thought non the less.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:05 PM   #131
Blue Crack Addict

I doubt it will be a dream, or a how-I-met-your-mother story. I do expect to see Harry and Ginny's kids (and hopefully none will be named Ron or Hermione...because their auntie and uncle will be alive and well. Lily, James, Sirius, Albus, Molly (I think she's a goner) are possibilities. Two more names and we've got the set!) or have something optimistic about the future after what I am sure will be a tearful and shocking climax.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:50 PM   #132
New Yorker

I wonder what it will be, especially if it's something that should be shocking us all, or if it's something JK wants to write that no one would be expecting, or at least not the obvious.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:28 PM   #133
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

If HP ended like the "Bobby Ewing in the shower / dream" season of Dallas, I'd probably die of laughter.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #134
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:44 PM
^^
Or even if she follows up on the 'rocks fall, everyone dies' thing. That would make me laugh.

I don't even know what to say if what's leaked is the final book. I'm trying to remember how much I loved the previous six books for now, but still.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:06 AM   #135
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
I wonder if they tried to get rid of the leaked copy

(I don't know where to look and I don't feel like looking for it)