Harry Potter predictions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy:

I haven't seen it on the news yet. Fortunately I do have willpower, and I could actually use the kick in the butt to get off of HP message boards and do my real job, which I will do if I think the ending is compromised. I would hope posters in this thread and on interference would have enough integrity to avoid discussing leaks, or start a new thread clearly warning about it. I'm afraid to even see how it was leaked for fear of seeing what the leak is.

Really, if I got ahold of it early, I'd certainly read it and treasure it just as I will 5 days from now, but I wouldn't show off - I wouldn't want to spoil it.

But, I think it's under control:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/14/eveningnews/main3058553.shtml

But now some details may have leaked out. On Friday, The-Leaky-Cauldron.org, a fan site received what appear to be actual pages, says Melissa Anelli, the site's webmaster.

"Somebody scanned the first pages of several chapters and the summary of the book and just sent them to us, knowing full well our policy on spoilers, how we don't want them."

Anelli refused to post the pages and immediately turned them over to the publisher.

"It's our job to act as Scholastic's sentries. To act as sentries for her publishers and help stop this from happening," she says.

That's why I can still visit leaky - They act as my filter! I'll know that it was leaked, possibly how, and where not to look to avoid being spoiled.

BUt if anyone finds a shop doing this
http://www.dailyindia.com/show/156888.php/Final-Potter-book-to-be-leaked-early
do let me know!! I just want to find out what happens in the full context of the plot, exactly as JK has meant me to find it out.

D'oh......may be time to abandon this thread and all other online HP references....:sigh:

scholastic filed a subpoena, looks like it's for real

I am staying away from all non-official news sources (the new york times or bbc if they post spoilers will link off their front page for them) except leaky, which is filtering for me... interference is making me nervous too, maybe it's best if I get off.... hey then I might actually do work at work!

Varitek said:
I would hope posters in this thread and on interference would have enough integrity to avoid discussing leaks, or start a new thread clearly warning about it. I'm afraid to even see how it was leaked for fear of seeing what the leak is.

Really, if I got ahold of it early, I'd certainly read it and treasure it just as I will 5 days from now, but I wouldn't show off - I wouldn't want to spoil it.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

I whole heartdly agree. I would hate it if anyone would spoil this for anyone else. That is not why I started this thread. I, like everyone else, want to read through the entire book and find out all the answers and mysteries on my own; NOT having someone spoil it.

Unfortunetly, there are people out there that do that, in fact I've been afraid of the one jerk who will be in the book store at midnight on Friday and read the ending chapter and then announce it to the entire store. I certainly hope I'm wrong in having so little faith in society, but we'll have to see.

I've actually thought about asking this thread to be closed off on Friday and maybe re-open it in a few weeks just so we can comment on who was wrong or who was right on their predictions, but again, I don't want to tempt anyone in spoiling it for anyone else.

side note--UTOO---I love your signature!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awsome!!!!:(

Kiki said:

Unfortunetly, there are people out there that do that, in fact I've been afraid of the one jerk who will be in the book store at midnight on Friday and read the ending chapter and then announce it to the entire store. I certainly hope I'm wrong in having so little faith in society, but we'll have to see.

As I'm picking up the book solo, and arriving on the late side so will be back in line with plenty of potential rats in front, I will be wearing headphones at full blast to avoid hearing anything. I'm trying to decide on a U2 playlist, so far my only ideas are:

Peace on Earth (which I suspect I will turn to if one of the trio dies)
Kite

what else? I'm sure some stuff off Boy should be on there.

As for this thread/discussing book 7, I'm a fast reader though I don't know if I will want to put it down and prolong it. Either way my strategy will be to avoid the internet until I am done, and after that I will want to talk/analyze as much as possible. I think we should start a new thread for reactions to the book with a clear title so everyone knows that if they click, they will be exposed to book 7's plot. "Discussion of harry potter 7 (spoilers!)" or something.

:yes: I agree with what you said about that as well. The title has to have it in there that it is about book 7 and there are details in the thread. That way no one can get pissed about it and the rest of us know to stay away from it until we've finished and dried our eyes. :lol: I'm betting I'll cry even if it's 3 death eaters that die.....well not crying for them, but because the book will be done.

Anyway, another thought's been nagging at me lately about a direction JK could possibly go in. What if it ends with Harry all grown up and telling this story to his and Ginny's teenage kids.......or what if he wakes up and it's all been a freaky ass dream and Lily and James come in and wake him up?

:eyebrow:
Now I HIGHLY doubt JK would end in such a way or with that......maybe drab(?) of a twist. But just a thought non the less.

I doubt it will be a dream, or a how-I-met-your-mother story. I do expect to see Harry and Ginny's kids (and hopefully none will be named Ron or Hermione...because their auntie and uncle will be alive and well. Lily, James, Sirius, Albus, Molly (I think she's a goner) are possibilities. Two more names and we've got the set!) or have something optimistic about the future after what I am sure will be a tearful and shocking climax.

If HP ended like the "Bobby Ewing in the shower / dream" season of Dallas, I'd probably die of laughter.

^^
Or even if she follows up on the 'rocks fall, everyone dies' thing. That would make me laugh.

I don't even know what to say if what's leaked is the final book. I'm trying to remember how much I loved the previous six books for now, but still.

Last edited:
Well I am not a Harry Potter Fan. So I read the pictures posted of what happens. I wont spoil it for you.:wink:

beau2ifulday said:
^^
Or even if she follows up on the 'rocks fall, everyone dies' thing. That would make me laugh.

I don't even know what to say if what's leaked is the final book. I'm trying to remember how much I loved the previous six books for now, but still.

Please don't go any further than this in this thread. If you want to discuss leaks, start a new thread that clearly says LEAKS/7 SPOILERS.

If you are worried about the hacker leak, while I never looked at it, I'm pretty sure it's been discreditted. The 650 pg PDF is rumored to be fanfic. The legit leak was posted on a site served in Cali, and emailed to leaky, and contained scans of some pages (not 650) and analysis of the book.

No matter what, this is the reason I want to stay unspoiled. I'm sure I'll be satisfied with whatever JKR's resolution is, but a big part of that is seeing how she gets there for 700 pages, because without the context it's not possible to evaluate the conclusion.

Varitek said:

Please don't go any further than this in this thread. If you want to discuss leaks, start a new thread that clearly says LEAKS/7 SPOILERS.

I had no intention of going any further that that. I was just quoting something that J.K said jokingly in an interview regarding the ending of the book.

I dunno why you all think Dumbledor is alive. I know Snape is a good guy and had to kill him, but I think Snape def. had to kill him. I think Voldamort would have been able to somehow find out if Dumbledor was alive or not.

Now Sirius on the other hand was not hit with the killing curse from what I can out after re-reading the 5th book. The curse was described as "a red jet that hit him in the chest." and the killing curse is green isn't it? So maybe he could come back, but we all know there's no way around the killing curse if Dumbledor was directly hit by it. And that would be why Snape was so disgusted with himself when he had to do it.

In the book Sirius was never hit by the AK, he was in the movie. The thing they say killed him was that he fell behind the veil in the department of Mysteries. Everyone just kept telling Harry that once someone falls threw it, there's no returning.

The only thing that makes me think Dumbledore is still alive is what someone said in here about how everyone else that's been hit by the AK had always fallen over dead. Dumbledore's body actually was lifted up in the air and came slowly back downward.

That detail makes me think that there was something other than an AK going on at that particular moment, but I know DD is dead a) because of the portrait in the headmaster's office and b) because JKR said so in an interview. But I don't think he's gone from the series, he will still have input. Just as I think the veil and Sirius will be involved in book 7 somehow.

less than 2.5 days. I am very close to signing off the internet entirely due to recent news about spoilers.

Varitek said:
That detail makes me think that there was something other than an AK going on at that particular moment, but I know DD is dead a) because of the portrait in the headmaster's office and b) because JKR said so in an interview. But I don't think he's gone from the series, he will still have input. Just as I think the veil and Sirius will be involved in book 7 somehow.

less than 2.5 days. I am very close to signing off the internet entirely due to recent news about spoilers.

Yeah I think we'll see more of the veil because Dumbledor never even told Harry what it is. And he usually explains everything that is unexplained.

Varitek said:

Spoilers!....I have the entire BOOK already! It's very long, thank goodness. I'm soooooo tempted to just read the first chapter. Gah!!

Back
Top Bottom