Harry Potter predictions! - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2007, 04:55 PM   #196
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:53 PM
Sicy by the way, thanks for policing!

Is it sad that I am playing Arcade Fire's Wake Up in my head in anticipation?

I'll see you guys in the discussion thread!!!

Old 07-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #197
New Yorker

Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
Local Time: 10:53 PM
crap!!!!!!!!! crap crap crapity crap crap. I've stayed away from here all weekend and I've STILL not gotten a chance to read the book. I stayed up last night to get as far as Chapter 7, but life and work suck!

Old 07-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #198
Refugee

Local Time: 04:53 AM
Well, I managed to get one of the Deluxe Editions, (the one with the painting of the Trio riding a dragon on the cover), the Mary Grandpre color portrait of Snape and another Death Eater walking through the gates of Malfoy Manor opposite the first page, and the additional 30 pages of enlarged versions of the chapter title page art, with captions, at the end of the book...getting hold of this was a saga and I'll share tonight (no spoilers I promise!)

Just one bit of advice: keep the aforementioned beach towel on hand for everything after pg 600 is one big tearjerker. Special warning for Chapters 33 and 34.

I rushed through the 2nd half of the book and and am now going back and reading the first half.

I've posted some thoughts already in the spoiler thread....the story of Snape is just indescribably sad and beautiful.

Chapter 19 foreshadows Chapter 34.
And IMO, Chapters 2 and 35 are also "linked" in a way.

Those of you who have not yet started, prepare to have your socks rocked off. And I've only read the last 200 pgs!!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #199
Blue Crack Addict

Do you Americans have bigger print or smaller pages or what? Our version of HP is the same as the British one and it's barely over 600 pages long (with a different cover).
Old 07-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #200
Refugee

Anitram, we have bigger pages (a bigger book) with less paragraphs on a page. I met someone at my book party who had the British version of HBP and let me take a look. Ours, I'm guessing, is exclusively printed in a "children's book" format, except for "teen versions" which don't come out in hardcover, only later on in paperback. (unlike the British where there is an adult vrsion and kids version.) This explains all the Mary Grandpre art.....she was a well-known chaildren's book illistrator in Florida in the late 90's. Those have slightly smaller print but roughly the same number of pages. The U.S, publisher, Scholastic, is the preeminent American kid's publisher.

I run into several people who wish they had the American editions b/c of the artwork. LOL. Personally, I wish the U.S. had "adult" versions too-I like smaller type. myself.

As to the Deluxe Editions--Scholastic only printed 100,000 of these and they staopped taking online orders months ago---I hate to rub it in, but I'm over the moon....

Back tonight (I hope!)
Old 07-25-2007, 01:17 PM   #201
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Teta040
Just one bit of advice: keep the aforementioned beach towel on hand for everything after pg 600 is one big tearjerker. Special warning for Chapters 33 and 34.
are you kidding??????!!!!!!!!!!!

I was sobbing in one of the first few chapters. I had to put the book down. It was something I'd NEVER expected to happen and well....it was about something...someone.....lets just say I have 2 macaw's (parrots) at home.

I'm sorry.....I've been on edge through the whole book so far!
Old 07-26-2007, 06:40 AM   #202
Refugee

Kiki...like I said, I found myself reading everything after "The Sacking of Severus Snape"--had to go to that title first b/c I said, "Huh? DADA or what??" (Snape is my favorite character (after Harry of course)--don't ask me why ). Oh, and I had to read Chapter 19 "The Silver Doe" after finishing "The Prince's Tale".....you know what I mean--I posted a HUGE analysis of this chapter on pg. 7 of the Spoilers thread, tell me what you think....this is only going to become more heartbreaking as time goes on, not many are picking up on it...Then I started on the first half.....I'm on Chapter 6, I LOVE Molly's strategms, LOL..sounds like my mom, (RIP...). I know what you mean! WHY did she have to kill the--oh, I almost said it. Someone alert John Williams, if you know what I mean!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #203
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Teta040
Kiki...like I said, I found myself reading everything after "The Sacking of Severus Snape"--had to go to that title first b/c I said, "Huh? DADA or what??" (Snape is my favorite character (after Harry of course)--don't ask me why ). Oh, and I had to read Chapter 19 "The Silver Doe" after finishing "The Prince's Tale".....you know what I mean--I posted a HUGE analysis of this chapter on pg. 7 of the Spoilers thread, tell me what you think....this is only going to become more heartbreaking as time goes on, not many are picking up on it...Then I started on the first half.....I'm on Chapter 6, I LOVE Molly's strategms, LOL..sounds like my mom, (RIP...). I know what you mean! WHY did she have to kill the--oh, I almost said it. Someone alert John Williams, if you know what I mean!
I'll have to catch up on the spoilers after I'm done. I'm still not finished with the book. Work and life just get to much in the way!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 01:43 PM   #204
Blue Crack Addict

Kiki, I wish you the best of luck in remaining unspoiled. I look forward to your input in our discussion thread, be sure to read all the JKR interviews right after the epilogue so you don't feel disappointed by the sparsity of information there - she's given us loads more now in the interviews.

In a way I'm completely totally jealous of you for still having a large bit of unknown Harry ahead of you.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:36 PM   #205
New Yorker

Thanks Vari! Just remember all the information for me from the interviews! lol I'm not sure I'll be able to get my hands/eyes on all of them.