Harry Potter predictions! - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2007, 07:34 PM   #166
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:12 AM
I'm going to buy it on Saturday, and then read the whole thing and do my best to avoid even approaching the internet until I'm done.

I told my friend I didn't know if I'd make his band's gig Saturday night; it would depend on how far I'd gotten in the book.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:35 PM   #167
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:12 AM
I don't want to read the book. I just want to know what happens at the end.

I'm weak when it comes to books. I have been know to read the last page of a book first.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #168
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm kind of laughing at myself, because while I've enjoyed the books, I've never been one of the "MUST READ IT ON THE FIRST DAY IT's RELEASED!!!" kind of fans.

But I'm really curious to see how it ends, and want to be able to follow along with internet drama if/when a major character or five kicks the bucket. I don't want to miss a moment of it!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:48 PM   #169
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

I'm kind of laughing at myself, because while I've enjoyed the books, I've never been one of the "MUST READ IT ON THE FIRST DAY IT's RELEASED!!!" kind of fans.

But I'm really curious to see how it ends, and want to be able to follow along with internet drama if/when a major character or five kicks the bucket. I don't want to miss a moment of it!
Yeah, the past books have been easier to put off b/c there's not the looming threat of spoilers. I bought and read the 6th book over a month after it was released. I also like to take my time, it will probably take me a week or so to read this book. I find that if I'm reading it just to finish it, I'm not paying attention or enjoying it. That, and I'm getting a dog next week so....
Old 07-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #170
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:12 PM
I just want to know how it ends so I can bug my parents with the fact that I know how it ends
Old 07-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #171
ONE
love, blood, life

im going at midnight on friday and staying up all night with a nice cup of coffee to read it
im a harry potter freak!!

she better bring back sirius just for a bit and not kill off lupin otherwise ill be upset.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:10 PM   #172
Blue Crack Distributor

I thought about going to a midnight sale, but I don't think I can handle hundreds of excitable younger people in a mad rush in the store. I can wait until 10:00 the next morning for my local bookseller to open her doors.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:35 PM   #173
Refugee

Local Time: 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I thought about going to a midnight sale, but I don't think I can handle hundreds of excitable younger people in a mad rush in the store. I can wait until 10:00 the next morning for my local bookseller to open her doors.
Actually, if you go to Target, you will find the book for half the price and not have to worry about it being sold out. I've done this for the past 2 years. Silly hardxcore fans never think of Target and get all upset when the bookstores sell out.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 PM   #174
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by IrishDawg

Actually, if you go to Target, you will find the book for half the price and not have to worry about it being sold out. I've done this for the past 2 years. Silly hardxcore fans never think of Target and get all upset when the bookstores sell out.
I think she's wanting to support a local bookstore instead of a huge chain (see earlier response to Justin).

I'd wait a week to get mine except I had a gift card for Barnes & Noble and also needed some learning theory books that I need to have read before next Friday, so I pre-ordered online.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #175
Blue Crack Distributor

I know, I'm really conflicted. On the one hand, I like the idea of spending less money. On the other hand, those poor independent booksellers don't stand a snowball's chance in hell in the face of Harry Potter.

I may yet cave and go to somewhere it's cheaper, and then I can afford a second book as well.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #176
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I'm actually back at Books-a-Million over the summer to tide me over until I leave for grad school, but managed to negotiate myself out of working the midnight party. My fiancee and I are going to be going to see the movie in an imax theater, then we're headed to dinner and pick up the book. Conveniently, there is an Olive Garden next door to the Border's where we're pre-ordered.

I am, however, making a mix CD of my favorite songs from all five films for the store to play during the festivities. I'm pitching in my 16 bucks worth in downloads, I think that counts for some small something.

Still, I see the 105 cartons of the book we have in the back and feel bad for everyone who has to work that night.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #177
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

Yeah, the past books have been easier to put off b/c there's not the looming threat of spoilers. I bought and read the 6th book over a month after it was released. I also like to take my time, it will probably take me a week or so to read this book.

I'm dreading going to work all next week. Not only will it keep me from reading the book, but as a pediatrician, it's practically the only thing that's going to be discussed by everyone I encounter next week!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #178
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by IrishDawg

I think I'll go to target, nice idea.
I'm going up to my grandparents' on saturday and they've preordered a copy but, especially knowing I'll be spending time with family rather than reading, I don't think I can stand to sit at the airport/on the plane watching people read it or hearing them talk about it. wasteful i know hopefully I can return it or gift it or resell it or something (the extra copy).
Old 07-18-2007, 11:55 PM   #179
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:12 AM
I have it pre-ordered, but I leave town on the same day and need to do summer reading.

Fuck it, I'm reading HP7.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:25 AM   #180
Blue Crack Addict

I am tempted to bittorrent it (that's how it leaked) only because that way I know I can avoid being spoiled. I'm deterred because I've never been to a midnight release, I don't want to encourage ruining it, I'm afraid I'll be spoiled somehow just going to a bittorrent dl site, and mostly I'm pretty sure scholastic will be collecting all those IP addresses for a lawsuit.

And nothing competes with the tactile feeling of turning real pages in a real book.

I am working from home until Friday so I'm hoping to avoid contact with the outside world, except the two baseball game's I'm going to. My fingers will be inches from my ears ready to block them and go "LALALALA" like a 4 year old.