Harry Potter & The Prisoner Of Azkaban

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
Is anyone going to see the new film?
I think this one looks a lot better than the others, it even looks a little scary :reject:
The books will always be better though, I think I'll have to read them again in preparation for my trip to the cinema next week :D

I'm gonna see it! :D

I read the book last summer and it was my favorite so far. I can't wait to see the movie... see how different it is with the new director. :yes:

I'm excited to see it, even though I hate the newest casting and they left out Lucius Malfoy. :mad:

But I hear they did a great job on Buckbeak! :up:

I'm going on the 9th, wich is when it opens in Sweden. I love how the film looks much, much darker now with the new director. I think it's going to spark a few nightmares amond the kiddies... :)

I'll definitely go and see it. I still prefer the books after seeing the first two movies, but the movies are always entertaining and I expect this one will be the same. :)

The Harry Potter forums on the net are going bonkers over the film and the new site J.K. Rowling opend two weeks ago (17,5 million hits in the first week!)

I'm really looking forward to seeing the dementors, I reckon they are going to be really scary! And the whole patronus thing should be good too, ah hell, it will all be good!

The Brit crowd will get the film on May 31st so after that it's open season for spoilers. (I intend to avoid them all 'till I've seen it on June 9th.

Lara Mullen said:
it even looks a little scary :reject:

Well, the books get more scary each time too.

Yes, I read the books and saw the first two movies - third one is coming here June 16th so I won't even read the spoilers any of you might post. :p Can't wait to see it!

Did you hear that John Malkovich will play Voldemord in the next movie (and I think Kate Winslet has a role in the 4th movie too - the female competitor for the Goblet of fire)?
Should be interesting...

I wish Steven Spielberg would direct any of the Potter movies. :( I read he was offered to but refused.

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
Can someone please post a spoiler as soon as they've seen it?

:reject:

I'm going tomorrow night :up:
U2 girl apparently the film is more adult this time round and I think it is going to be a lot better than the first 2, one critic said he jumped from his seat at some part in it :up:

I didn't hear that about John Malkovich or Kate Winslet for the next movie, I did read the directors name for the next one but I forget it now :der:

:wave:

I believe that, the book is heavier too. I wonder how the guards from Azkaban will look like...

I think I read something about Anna Thompson having a role of one of the teachers, too.

Last edited:
:wave:

I am going to read the book again tonight so I have the story fresh in my mind tomorrow. When is the film released in Slovnija? :hmm:

When the last film was released here the Warner Village cinema had owls in cages for folk to gawk at and people dressed up as wizards outside the screens. They are showing it every hour here tomorrow, my mum asked did I want to go at 10am. :|

I think it's June 16th here...I only saw one small billboard on the wall of a cinema the other day so far.

*smacks head* That's right, didn't Rowling say only British can act in the movies?

bammo2 said:
I just got back from the cinema.............

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

'Twas fab :up:

Filming it in Scotland (where Rowling originally envisiged Hogwarts to be) has made such a difference :up: - it's loads more atmospheric. Now I just can't wait for Goblet of Fire!!!

:up: :yes:

I thought this film had a whole different feel to it, much better than the other 2 imo but they missed out some bits I would have really liked to see in the film.

Lu was there lots of clapping and "ooooooh's" before the film started? There was in our cinema and my Dad was the main culprit :reject: there were lots of folk dressed up in Harry Potter outfits too and the majority of the crowd were students/ middle aged/ oaps :shifty: :lol:

no it was a very boring crowd in my local odeon. everyone just sat there and watched the film :down:

I know what you meant about them missing things out.......although I suppose it would have been stupidly long if they hadn't...

Now I'm just interested to find out how in the hell they're going to compress Goblet of Fire into one film. Surely it will have to be practically a trilogy to do it justice???

I am very excited about Harry! As you can see, I'm all decked out (points to avatar and sig.) Two of my sorority sisters are visiting me this weekend to see the movie with me. I only see Harry Potter movies with psychotic fans such as myself. :D

I am really looking forward to seeing how they turn Goblet of Fire into a film. The graveyard scene at the end better be wonderfully wicked!

Back
Top Bottom