Harry Potter & The Prisoner Of Azkaban

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
grrrrrrrrrr. ok, no i'm not. :grumpy: They accidently sold 15 tickets online for some corporate preview thing, and my roommate bought 5 of those. So we weren't allowed to see it. :(

Goblet of Fire is my faaaaovurite book so far.

I'm going tonight!! :hyper:

:lol: @ people dressing up in the cinema! I hope I see that LOL. :up:

yay! sounds like fun. I guess they'll show it here in Mali in about....um.....well. Six months is an optimistic guess? :D

I will look forward to it. :up:

I want to see it tonight!!! But my fiance doesn't want to go until probably next week so there won't be as many people there :mad: I was excited when I heard Alfonso Cuaron was director. I have that movie "Y Tu Mama Tambien" which was controversial but I thought he did a good job with it.

1085490476_6815.jpg

Radio City Music Hall Premier

i'll admit i re-read the book the other night...

i'll be seeing it in a month once everyone else has already seen it.

The movie was great, but they skimped a lot on details...a friend of mine who had only seen the films and not read the books was so lost. But still, it was pretty fucking cool :up:

Last edited:
disclaimer: i'm not bumping this thread to incite riots or ruin it for anyone.

wanring: rant. that includes whatever "spoilers" (spoilers in quotes cos there really is no way you'd understand chunks of the plot unless you'd read the book...i went with my family, my mom had read the book but forgot things, and there were parts she said took her a while to figure out. yet somehow she still liked the movie)

anitram said:
I'll probably wait until the DVD.

best post in this thread. do that. don't waste your money. you'll probably get stuck sitting next to some kid who isn't old enough to be able to read 'severus snape' when it appears on the maurader's map. then he'll ask his mom (loudly) what it says and she'll answer him (equally loud). and maybe there will be a commentary track you can watch that will explain what the hell they were thinking.

that was probably the most disappointing movie i've ever gone to see. i think what ladylemon said is an understatement. yeah, i whine and don't like movies as much when they leave out minor plot details, but they out major plot detials.

the firebolt. tacking it on the end was lame. i didn't like the ending on the whole, but that really just killed things for me. they should have left it out all together. seriously, why didn't they? the didn't explain so many other things. hell, the movie jumps right in without any explaination of what's going on--if it was like that from scene 1, why change things?

any crictic that said van helsing was a lame special effects vechicle, yet liked harry potter is a hipocrite. van helsing was not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination, but as far as i'm concerned harry potter follwed the same kind of pattern. the only problem is that the latter is supposedly based on a previously existing book, not a combination of monster storeis (correct me if i'm wrong about van helsing being just that--i'm also assuming someone's reading this. i know, it's the only thing here more pretentious than this rant itself) special effects scene followed by cheesy dialoge to push the story along. shrunken head on the knight bus, the scene during the quidditch match, the ride on the hippogriff...those were the longest scenes because...? and then lupin has a couple monotone chats with harry that fill you in on a simplified version of the story. niiice. i know that a movie is up for interpretation by those making it, i just don't see how such a loose interpretation (read: only very basics of the story) can get that kind of praise.

they did a terrible job with lupin. they could have cast a dead fish and chances are it would have had superior acting talents.

i was a little skeptical about seeing this one after re-reading the book and being reminded that it was my favorite so far, the other two were OK, i figured with a different director maybe this would be better than them. no way in hell will i go see the goblet of fire.

watch harry's scar. is it just me or is it sometimes on the right side of his forehead and sometimes on the left, depending on the camera angle?

my favorite part: if harry was worried about blowing up his aunt, and isn't allowed to use magic outside of school, what on earth was he doing lumos-ing his wand while he was doing his homework under the blankets in the beginning?

i think people are too critical when it comes to the HP movies, the whole enjoyment of it for me was the same as the books, its magical, who cares if it isnt realistic or doesnt have great effects. I don't :shifty:

oh, i know i am. but i'm that way when it comes to any movie claiming to come from a book.

:shrug:

I love the books, and I like the films. But in this case, I thought the film was great. :happy:

I loved what Cuaron did to the whole 'franchise' with his unique vision. A fresh of breath air.

Ant.

Back
Top Bottom